Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good afternoon Cafe friends. 24 more to me. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Twirling around on the dance floor sounds like fun cowboy, I'm sure that you and Bubba will have a great time!

Lately I've been feeling stronger than ever about protecting my sobriety. The other day I was at dinner with some friends, and there was a box of wine on the counter. Everyone was drinking and they kept telling me to have a glass of wine. One glass won't hurt, they kept saying, but I continued to decline the offer. I was tempted, but I fast forwarded to how I would feel the next day, and that did the trick. As the old saying goes, "One is too many, and a thousand isn't enough." So glad that I said no to that voice in my head!

I'll gratefully accept another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
        Twirling around on the dance floor sounds like fun cowboy, I'm sure that you and Bubba will have a great time!

Lately I've been feeling stronger than ever about protecting my sobriety. The other day I was at dinner with some friends, and there was a box of wine on the counter. Everyone was drinking and they kept telling me to have a glass of wine. One glass won't hurt, they kept saying, but I continued to decline the offer. I was tempted, but I fast forwarded to how I would feel the next day, and that did the trick. As the old saying goes, "One is too many, and a thousand isn't enough." So glad that I said no to that voice in my head!

I'll gratefully accept another 24 hours of freedom!
        Jude, that is awesome and inspiring! Thanks for sharing. I could just imagine the scene and that box of wine sitting on the counter as I read your post. I don't know if I would have been able to ignore it or not, but I am so glad you did. I could feel your resolve and it was almost like getting a transfusion! lol I felt stronger somehow.

Cowboy, it sounds like you and Bubba are getting into the swing of retirement! I wish Mr. D enjoyed dancing.

Hello Rava and Ginger, my warm weather friends!

Techie I hope you are feeling ok. How much of the treatment have you completed at this point?

A couple weeks ago when we had snow on the ground I took a walk with Lily and Tessa. I came across a spot that was like a crossroads for wildlife. I saw so many different tracks in the snow. I recognized skunk, raccoon, rabbit and deer. I told Mr. D about the location and he decided to dig out our game camera and set it up. The next day or so, he downloaded the videos he captured and sure enough, it was a cosmopolitan scene of forest critters!

24 more hours for all of us, please.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on playing it forward [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it's a good tool to use to help through those moments. And a bigger determination to protect your sobriety will go a long way in kicking that AV butt!

I love looking at the pics that my game camera captures [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Funny, but I've only ever had it set to capture pics, not videos. I'll have to give that a try next time I set them up.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, that's so cool.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Off to treatment. Another 24. Blessings to you all x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The other day I was at dinner with some friends, and there was a box of wine on the counter. Everyone was drinking and they kept telling me to have a glass of wine. One glass won't hurt, they kept saying, but I continued to decline the offer. I was tempted, but I fast forwarded to how I would feel the next day, and that did the trick. As the old saying goes, "One is too many, and a thousand isn't enough." So glad that I said no to that voice in my head!
                  Wow, that seems pretty inconsiderate of people, if they know you're trying to abstain. Good for you though!

Comment

Gratefully accepting another 24.

Have a great day everyone!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and great job Jude!! That box would have been calling my name. So glad you were able to continue on without it!! Heading to the gym today and trying yoga tomorrow. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Dill, we have a couple of game cameras set up as well, and it's amazing what can be seen with it. Lots of deer, coyotes, raccoons, fox, and other assorted wildlife. On one video, a young buck even came up and started licking the camera. Too funny!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I love watching game cam videos. Maybe I need to set one up.

Thinking of you, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] as you head off to treatment. _/\_

We had a lovely visit in Scottsdale. Cyrus did awesome with the dog. Prepping for hubs knee surgery tomorrow. If all goes well. He'll come home tomorrow night. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Off to the war. Another twenty four for me. Blessings x

Comment

Dill, we have a couple of game cameras set up as well, and it's amazing what can be seen with it. Lots of deer, coyotes, raccoons, fox, and other assorted wildlife. On one video, a young buck even came up and started licking the camera. Too funny!
                                That's pretty cool. For all the hiking in the woods I do, I so rarely see wildlife (the odd deer or bear once in a while) but you know there are so many creatures out there in the forest that are just so elusive. One really cool thing about hiking in the snow is you can see all the tracks; of course, seeing the actual animals on the cam would be even better!

Comment

Working...
                                X