No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I thought I checked in yesterday! My bad.

Hubby is really sore today. I watched a video of the procedure he had. Omg! Why, oh why, did I do that? I'm surprised a person ever walks on that leg again!

Morning to all! I'll take another day.

Comment

I would say you were probably pretty distracted yesterday, Ginger. I'm not surprised you might miss a check in. You know, I don't think I would have even watched that video. I am really squeamish about things like that. I stand in awe of the people that can take care of injuries and do surgeries. I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery.

Rava, thrift store shopping used to be one of my favorite activities with my girl friends. I don't go so much anymore. I think one reason is I think the stuff is way overpriced nowadays!

Hope you are enjoying your break and touching home base, Techie.

Gratefully accepting another 24.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. It is good to be home even for this short period. Dinner with friends this evening. I will gratefully take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, how cool that the docs let you have a video of the surgery. I would have loved to see that, but I'm not squeamish about these things, just fascinated.

Super bowl Sunday today, and I've read that the cops will be on the lookout for drunk drivers. So glad that I don't have to worry about that.

Committed to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got some breakfast ready for anyone that's hungry...

Comment

I'm not much of a football fan [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] so I won't be glued to the tv this afternoon lol.

The last of the lights for my railroad showed up yesterday so I got them installed and wired in. I think they are a bit to bright for the campground area so I think I'll wire in a dimmer so that I can tone them down a bit...

Comment

Wow, ABC! That's so cool. What a fun hobby for you.

The video was not of hubby just one I found online to watch. Jude, I sent you the link through FB messenger. Crazy what the can do!

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], _/\_

Company coming today for an hour or so. Off to get ready for that. I'll take another day!

Comment

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

Glad you are enjoying the comfort of home and good friends, Techie.

Speaking of the comforts of home....thanks for a great home cooked breakfast, Cowboy! And also for sharing the pictures of your railroad set up! OMG! It's awesome!

24 hours gratefully accepted
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy train and breakfast lovers. Love it, ABC. Well, we are heading back to Stanford in about two hours. I accept another 24. I wish you all the best Superbowl and day possible. Go Chiefs. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow cowboy, your train setup is amazing! Apparently you don't have any cats or you would have a train wreck on a daily basis.

Thanks for the video on knee surgery ginger, it's pretty amazing what modern medicine can do these days.

Positive thoughts for you techie, and hoping that your treatments are going well.

Another 24 hours of freedom please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wow Cowboy what an amazing train setup. Great hobby!! Mr. R has trains but not a full on garden. Love it. Also Techie I have been reading Three Hours and it’s been great so far. Thanks for the recommendation. Wishing you luck today at Stanford. Ginger, hope hubby is feeling better today. Sounds like it was quite a surgery! Today I will be humbly asking for 24 more. I know what to do and today starts another day to not drink. I’m glad I’m not physically addicted but psychologically is a definite problem. I cant even blame it on the Super Bowl because I didnt watch it. Sometimes the urge is so powerful that I just cave. I’m glad for this group where I can confess and regroup. Thanks for listening!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                              Wow cowboy, your train setup is amazing! Apparently you don't have any cats or you would have a train wreck on a daily basis.
                              :harhar: Jude I could just picture the mayhem! If you ever get a cat Cowboy, I hope you never leave the door to the room open! I agree with you that the llights are too bright for the campground. Good plan on the dimmer switch.

One of my favorite stores just recently closed. It was a mixture of a close out store on one side and a grocery on the other. You could almost always find an interesting item on the close out side and the grocery side had a bulk candy selection I loved. One of the best things about the store was the model train that was set up overhead that traveled around the store in the front section. I loved to see that train chugging along.

24 more gratefully accepted.
                              Dill

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X