No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's always good to try and figure out why we caved [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it's another way of trying to arm ourselves for the next time. You have the desire to quit so it will eventually stick!

It's one month today for me without smoking, by far the hardest thing I have ever done! I just keep telling myself, "not today, I'm not a smoker" and it's been working. Thanks [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

And no [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], no cats here, but I got a good chuckle just imaging what a cat would do up there lol.
    Last edited by abcowboy; February 13, 2023, 07:44 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I had a good chuckle imagining the mayhem. My new kitty would have a lot of fun with that, ABC.

Thinking of you, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].

Off to PT for hubs at 1130. He's really in a lot of pain this morning. I'm glad the PT will see his knee. It's really swollen and I think he's doing too much. Maybe they can put my mind at ease. I worry about infection.

I need another day!

Comment

Very late check in. Tough day but I’ll take 24 more. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry that you caved at Rava...keep trying. I always worry that when I slip it will turn into a full-blown relapse. Try to keep that in mind when you reach for a drink. It can happen so easily.

Congrats on one month free from the cancer sticks cowboy. I think that quitting cigarettes is much harder than giving up booze. Keep up the good work!

Ginger sorry that your hubby is in so much pain, but it is to be expected after having major surgery. I would definitely get that knee checked out if it's that swollen.

Techie, sending prayers that you are feeling better today. :hug:

Enjoying my sobriety, so "not today."

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully it isn't an infection [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], from what I understand it's not a good thing at all in any joint replacement.

Comment

to all the ladies here in the Cafe!

Comment

Thank you for the Valentine, Cowboy! So sweet of you. And congrats on one month and a day without the cancer sticks!

Gratefully accepting 24 hours of freedom.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Awww thanks, ABC. Right back at cha!

Thanks, all for your concern. At PT yesterday, the therapist assured me that hubby's knee looks great and his progress is ahead of schedule. He also reminded me it had only been 4 days since a traumatic surgery. Mama hen worries too much!

Techie, my heart goes out to you and I'm sending healing light your way.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Late check in for me. Techie, I hope you are having a better day. Ginger please let us know how your husband makes out today. Hope it’s not infected! Thanks for the encouraging words regarding my slip. I definitely never want to go back to that horrible version of myself. I have no clue why I slipped. No reason other than pure desire. No drinking yesterday and will not drink today. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sticker shock at the grocery store yesterday. I have been trying to cut back on things, but still... Man, will it ever end?

Glad that things are going well with the hubby Ginger, and hopefully the pain will ease up a bit soon.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, I had the same reaction at the grocery the day before yesterday. I think in a way it really hit me hard simply because it has gone on so long and there appears to be no end in sight. But it can't go on like this.

Ginger, that's great that you got such a positive report from the doc! Hopefully Mr. G will start feeling better soon.

Techie, prayers for every day.:heartbeat:

One bad thing about a white dog is that that seem to attract mud and soil!

Gratefully accepting 24 more hours of freedom.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Bubba does the grocery shopping for us so I don't usually notice the price of things, but this past Saturday she bought an extra tub of Becel margarine because it was on sale for $6.49, onsale?? I remember not long ago getting that same tub for $3.99! And it's not just the price of food, it seems like most everything has almost doubled in price.

Comment

Working...
                                X