~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's not a nice day to be outside here either, Jude. I may try to take a walk later, but I'll have to walk where I can be out of the wind. The wind chill is causing the temps to feel much colder. I was wondering how your elderly neighbor/friend is doing?

Mr. D and I installed an invisible fence in an effort to keep our dog Lily from going down the driveway and into the road. Tessa was easily taught not to go and she never challenged the boundaries. Lily is much more adventurous. Our property is fenced in all around because of the cattle being kept here. But the one place there is a gap is the driveway. I hope the invisible fence can solve the problem.

Glad you were able to stop at two, Ginger. Like Rava and Cowboy, that would be impossible for me.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Techie.

24 more gratefully accepted.
    Last edited by dill; February 17, 2023, 07:51 AM. Reason: added one comment
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], glad you're feeling a bit better. _/\_

Thanks all. I'm blessed to be here with all of you. I'll take another day with all of you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Finally the weekend for a much needed rest and recovery. With that I will gratefully take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, we have an invisible fence for our dogs as well, and it works great at keeping the dogs out of the road. Hopefully Lily will learn that it's not wise to try and cross the fence.

Rava, I have tried yoga in the past, but some of the positions are just too painful for me. My joints are just not that flexible anymore.

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

They offer a much modified yoga class at the local YMCA for seniors. They also offer modified exercise classes. I attended one of those before covid. But covid broke me from that habit pattern and I never took it up again. I thought it was a good experience when I did it. I saw friends and go a chance to socialize a bit before and after the exercises. Hope you enjoyed your yoga, Rava.

Stillness and rest can be so revitalizing, Techie. Enjoy your peace.

24 more gratefully accepted.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I so need to get back into yoga!

Rest up, Techie. Waves to all here. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m learning from going to the gym that there are many older people there that are more in it for the socialization. As long as we keep moving who really cares if we are doing it correctly or not. Most don’t really care. In the yoga class there were many people over 80 that just moved the best they could. I think it’s important to keep moving or we stiffen up. I am loving zumba too and many of us are old and just having fun. My son is here visiting and I just made him bacon and eggs and fresh bread. So good to see him. Wishing everyone a great day. Dill, love the invisible fence. I’m sure Lily will learn quickly! 24 more please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Doing much better today. I will certainly take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. It's great to read through the posts and catch up with everyone. Thinking of you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. My life has been cutting a jagged line between joy and sorrow. I had a relapse right at my 1 year mark, maybe I needed to sabotage it just so I could prove to myself that I fail at most things I try. Who knows, my brain is a confusing place. Anyway, that was a major hit to my marriage that had been repairing itself. So, with that big hit I relapsed again in February (at our 21 year anniversary) and it was so bad that my sponsor came over over, dragged me out to his truck, and took me to inpatient treatment AGAIN. But, I needed it. I thanked him once I sobered up and could reflect back on my life.

Sober now, with renewed focus, and I learned things. Saw some of the soft spots in my program. I'm hopeful and grateful.

I hope all of my friends are doing well and I will commit to not being a stranger in the Cafe. 24 for me please.

Comment

So glad to see you back at the cafe [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! I was sad to hear about your relapse, but learning from our mistakes is a huge part of recovery. It sounds like you have a sponsor who really cares. At one time I had 9 years of sobriety, then relapsed for no good reason. It just goes to show you that being aware and vigilant is crucial to maintaining sobriety. Please don't be a stranger here, we've missed you!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's time to get some breakfast out...

Comment

Great to hear from you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], even if the circumstances weren't the most favorable. The only time you're a failure is when you stop trying, so don't consider yourself one. Keep working on it one day at a time and another Year 1 will be here before you know it...

Exercise in any form is good for us [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and there's so many ways to do that without making it seem like torture lol. Good to see that you're enjoying some time with your son!

Bubba and I had a great time at the dine and dance last night! It took a few dances to get the rhythm back, but after that we didn't sit out many dances. Thought for sure I'd be stiff and sore this morning but I feel pretty darn good, good enough to get on the end of the snow shovel this morning after it quits snowing lol.
                              Last edited by abcowboy; February 19, 2023, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Good morning and what a great surprise to hear from Big Al. So very glad you are back with us. Glad you are getting your head back on straight and know what to do. Your sponsor might have saved your life. Techie, so glad you are feeling better! Cowboy another great Sunday breakfast. Hope everyone has a great and relaxing Sunday. 24 more please and thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X