~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy, thanks for the great breakfast! I'm so glad you and Bubba enjoyed the dance last night. It's good for the soul to have fun every now and then. :heartbeat:

Jude, I don't think I knew that about you having had a 9 year stretch of sobriety. Good you got back on track and I'm glad you are here with us in the Cafe.

BigAl, you have been missed and it is nice to have you back with us. Sorry about the circumstances tho. How long did you have to stay in the inpatient treatment? I am really glad you are back on track.

Rava and Ginger, I too need to get back to some form of exercise. I don't need it for the socialization as my volunteer job provides that.

Lily is back to being white. She was so stinky and dirty it took 3 of us to bathe her properly.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thought I’d drop in for brekkie , say hi to my Cafe friends, and catch up on what everyone’s been doing.

First, Big Al, great to see you here this morning. The beast is always lurking, waiting for a chance to make us relapse. So good that your sponsor was there for you.

I saw my doc a while ago and she asked if I smoked. I said I’m a smoker who hasn’t touched a cigarette in 40 years. She told me I’m not a smoker but I insisted that I am. It’s part of what keeps me away from it. Same with alcohol. In my mind, I will always be a drinker. It works for me.
      BTW, congrats on giving up smoking Cowboy! That’s awesome!

I’ve found as I get older that maintaining friendships, making new friends and acquaintances, and being social is so important to feeling younger than the number on my drivers license says I am. It’s not been easy for me but I’m making an effort and feel better for it.

Techie, glad things are going better!

Stay safe everyone, and of course, af.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great breakfast and to top it off a vist from BigAl and QW! So glad to hear from you both. I'm so glad you have a sponsor that cares so much about your sobriety, BA. Please don't be a stranger, either of you!

Techie, glad your getting to rest and heal.

Happy to be hear asking for 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Great to see you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. When don’t you stick with us for now? I will take another 24. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, thanks for stopping by, it's always good to hear from you!

I have several fitness dvd's, and workout 4-5 days a week. It's a great way to get some exercise without having to go to a gym, and I can workout no matter what the weather is like outside. It definitely makes me feel better both physically and mentally.

Humbly asking for another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

Exercise DVD's are a great idea, Jude. I haven't any but I'm going to browse the local library and see what I can find.

Good to see you, QW. I think finding friends in all different age levels is important as we age too. It helps me balance my perspective on things and helps me feel younger.

I found a tick on Lily yesterday! That's a first for February! It has been unseasonably "warm" but I am still quite shocked that ticks would be active.

24 more hours would be gratefully accepted.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That does seem awful early for ticks to be out [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Wonder if it was just that one or if you're going to have to keep checking the pooches.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Humbly asking for 24…. I know what to do , I just need the common sense to say no! Busy day ahead thank goodness, no time to obsess over alcohol.

Comment

Ticks! Already? Yuk. I hate those little guys! Rattle Snakes are starting to show up around here and that's early too. My desert walks will no longer be a mindless wander! I'll have to stay 100% aware.

Off to PT with hubby. He's still in lots of pain but according to the therapist, he's rocking it. His two week follow-up is Wednesday. Looking forward to hearing the Dr's opinion.

I'll take another day of health and freedom! Glad you are all here for my crazy journey!

Comment

Late check in. Hope Mr Ginger gets some relief. I will gratefully accept another twenty four. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, we've had a pretty mild winter here as well, and it looks like I'll be starting the flea and tick treatments on my dogs early this year.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Yes, we'll be starting the flea and tick treatments earlier too Jude! I ordered some Nextguard from the online pharmacy.
                            Here's the kicker: Mr. D, granddaughter and I went out for a long hike in the woods. Afterwards I fixed some soup and sandwiches for lunch. While we were eating, gdaughter saw a tiny bug crawling on the table. She tried to smash it but it wouldn't stop crawling. She said to us that she couldn't seem to kill this crawling insect so I told her that might be a tick! (Yes! On the kitchen table! Eeeou!!) So I picked it up to examine it and sure enough, it was a teeny, tiny. black tick. Ticks are so hard to kill! Mr. D pulled out his pocket knife and took care of it. But wow. To think that we could pick up a tick in February!

Ginger, I can't imagine having to dodge rattle snakes!

Techie, I really liked yesterday's quote. Thank you, as always.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Ticks are almost unheard of up in our area. Someone once told me that we were too far north for ticks but not sure if that has anything to do with it lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X