~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Sounds like a lot of ticks are around. I’ve not seen one in Florida but I’m sure they are here! Hope everyone has a good day today. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I'm not sure we have ticks here in AZ but we sure do in WA. Sounds like we are in for a heavy ticks season!

Hubby had his first PT at the new place and they really worked him! He was so discouraged when we got home but he's feeling better and more hopeful this morning. He feels like he's turning the corner and I'm happy I'm off that 5 lane freeway!

Waves to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. 24 more please. In a rush. Blessings

3 more
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, glad to hear that your hubby is doing better. PT is exhausting and painful, but well worth it in the end.

Messy Winter storm is predicted for our area with snow, sleet and freezing rain. Guess that I'd better do my grocery shopping early today.

No matter the weather, I'm looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, sorry Mr. Ginger was discouraged after PT yesterday but glad he is starting to feel better. PT is exhausting. Jude hope the messy weather doesn’t affect you much. General question for the group. Does anyone have a water treatment system in their home and if so any thoughts about it good or bad? Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, we have an IO filter under the kitchen sink for drinking water and for use in our coffee maker because our water is so hard it would clog it up. But we do not have a whole house filter.

Ginger, I'm glad Mr. G. is feeling better and more hopeful.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

PT is never much fun [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but very necessary in the healing process, glad to hear Mr G is turning the corner.

I'll bet you're glad you're down to the last 3 treatments [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! What is the next step then?

We have a water softener here in the house in Vegreville [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. At the farm we have a softener as well as an iron filter. And in Vermilion we had a softener as well as an under sink reverse osmosis water system for water for drinking, coffee, tea, and cooking. I guess it all depends what's in the water as to what kind of system you need. If you're on "town water" there's probably no need for an iron filter but softeners may be required if the supplied water is still hard. Reverse osmosis or RO as they are commonly referred to remove everything from the water, all TDS (total dissolved solids), fluoride, chlorine, etc. I should actually install an under sink RO system here as there seems to be a high chlorine content in the water. And coffee and tea taste so much better when using pure water. It would also cut down on the amount of bottled water we buy.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; February 22, 2023, 07:52 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Crosspost [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol, I wonder if IO is the same as RO?

Comment

Rava, we have a simple filter before the water goes through the softener. All the wells in our area are contaminated with PFAS because of the training center's use/training with foam fire retardants. It's headed toward a class action law suit. Anyway.... we will be getting a full house water filter system at the tune of $10,000, when we get home.

Waves to all! I'll take another AF day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Almost done here at Stanford. Looking forward to getting home and out on the golf course. For now, I’ll take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Smart to get a water system if you can afford it. Remember, the water we drink, the food we eat, and the air we breathe is not what it was a hundred years ago!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oops! I meant to say RO, not IO! Good catch, Cowboy.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you are nearing the end of your treatments techie, and can get out on the golf course soon!

24 more for all of us please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Yikes, that's a big number [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Is it a treatment system or an RO system? Interested because a neighbor out by the farm just had an RO system installed for the whole house at a cost of $16,000. Thinking it might be the same as what you're having installed.

Just wondering why you asked about water treatment [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], are you unhappy with the quality of your water?
                                Last edited by abcowboy; February 23, 2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X