~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Amen to that, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Glad things are wrapping up. What now, if I may ask?

ABC, the system I'm looking at is only to filter the forever chemicals. It can only be done with very slow carbon filtering so the system has several tanks that the water filters through. Scientists are focused on trying to find effective systems to get these chemicals out of the water at a price the average home owner can afford, without taking out a second mortgage! It's a hot mess all over the US. I wonder if that's true in Canada? A good movie was made awhile back, "Dark Waters". It explains the history behind this mess. Ugh!

I'll take another day!

Comment

We have well water. Apart from being extremely hard, it is otherwise pure. It has a lot of iron, but luckily not that stinky smelling sulfur some wells around here have. We had our water tested when the well was put in. It is safe, thank goodness.

Techie, so glad you are wrapping up the radiation treatments soon.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I am done. Twenty four more please. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Awesome news techie! Hopefully now you can move on and enjoy this life!

I'm enjoying my sobriety so...not today!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Great news Techie!! So glad you successfully completed your treatments! Woo HOO!! Thanks everyone for your information on water filter systems. Our water here seems like it leaves skin and hair extremely dry. So we have someone coming to do a water sample next week and we will go from there. Yesterday on the news an 85 year old woman was walking her dog by a pond here in Florida and a 12 foot alligator swam over to her and leaped at her, grabbed her leg and pulled her into the pond. She died. This is giving me a whole new perspective. We live on a pond too. I think I will be extremely cautious when watering my flowers. We a literally 15 feet from the pond. Yikes. Wishing everyone a sober day. 24 more please and thank you. Ps Ginger I did see Dark Waters. Very scary!!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Fantastic news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! The bell is totally awesome, kinda opposite meaning from the Navy Seals bell and rightfully so, never giving up...

Sounds to me like a hard water situation [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but water can have so many things in it that affect the quality. In our area, it's mostly iron and hardness much like what [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] has in her well, but some wells have arsenic in them which makes it unsuitable for human consumption. I'll have to check out that movie [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I enjoy watching those kinds of movies.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news, ITechie! (Intrepid Techie) Well done! :welldone: Thanks for sharing the picture and the poem.

Rava, that alligator story is unbelievable! You'd best be very careful! Was the alligator caught? What a horrible way to die. I agree with Cowboy. It sounds like you have hard water. I wonder if a water softener would take care of your issues.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on completing your radiation treatment, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm glad you're getting your water tested. On top of the contaminates, we have iron and our water is so hard!! If you have to buy a softener, I'd suggest looking at a salt less one. I wish we had. That gator story is unreal! So very sad. Be careful!

Had a drink with hubby last night. It sure was easier when he was recuperating and not drinking. Back on the wagon! I'll take another day one!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe and supporters. Thank you all. Relaxing days but still dealing with side effects. I will gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yikes Rava! That's so scary about the alligator and that poor women! Very frightening, so be careful!

Techie, hope that the side effects ease up soon.You are tough, and will get through this!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today will be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

4H pancake breakfast is on the agenda for today. I'll be taking the grandkids. Should be fun!

24 more gratefully accepted.
                            Dill

Comment

Have fun, Dill.
                              Techie, rest, rest, rest 🙏

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Awful night. Very little sleep. Perhaps side effect or my mind ready to go home. However, I will take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X