~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good luck training Cyrus Ginger! Let us know how that goes!.

Another 24 for all of us please...

Comment

Jude, I actually saw a red winged black bird scout yesterday! It seems awfully early, but it goes along with the greening of the winter wheat and the daffodils blooming. It looks like the groundhog had it wrong! It's an early spring for sure! Even the lawn is starting to grow! Have you noticed any uptick in wildlife up you way?

Yes Ginger, please do let us know how the training goes. Cats can be trained more that I would have believed. That documentary we saw on Netflix convinced me. Our Pumpkin was trained to come when we called his name. He'd run from the barn up to our deck to get a piece of cheese and visit with us. Of course that was before Lily came along. But Lily is maturing and I am hopeful that we will make progress this year on teaching her to accept pumpkin and not chase after him.

Techie it must've been great to be out running again!

Cowboy, will you be helping with the seeding this year?
      Rava, I am sure you'll enjoy having the water treated. Now you've got me thinking about maybe doing something similar!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Ginger, I hope Mr. G starts feeling better. He has had a rough time. Techie, so glad you are getting back to your routine. We are having something called Red Tide which is an algae bloom. It kills fish and causes respiratory issues in humans. Man living in Florida has its benefits but also some drawbacks. I don’t know how long this will last. We still have not been to the beach since September, our closest beaches are still closed until 2024 due to Hurricane Ian. Today I’m heading to the gym and staying in my lane. No drinking for me today!! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good luck with the clicker training [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I thought all cats came running to "here kitty, kitty, kitty" lol. Hopefully Mr G gets to feeling better soon and can get back on his PT schedule.

Good to hear you're getting back to your normal routine [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].

Yep, I'll be helping out with seeding again this year [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I stopped in at their shop last week to do a bit of plumbing work and had a coffee with Corey. Looks like a few hundred acres more to seed as we're going to be seeding down some pasture that needs revitalizing. That will probably just be seeded into greenfeed this year, so it won't add any to the harvest acreage.

I wanted to put a humidifier on the furnace here in Veg as the house is so dry in the winter but Bubba didn't think it was really necessary. We get so many static shocks after walking and then touching anything metal and both of us are suffering from dry skin more this year than last so I'm not going to go through another winter like this and she agrees. The humidifier install is not a big deal, it's just trying to get wires up the wall for a humidistat that will pose a challenge but it can be done. I'll add that job to the new overhead sectional garage doors and heater in the garage for things to do this summer lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, enjoy your run! So glad you're feeling up to it. _/\_

It snowed here last night. Some weird weather down here this winter!

Rava, I had no idea your beaches would be closed until 2024!

Mr. G's cough is still awful but he says he doesn't feel too bad otherwise. He's been able to continue his at home therapy so I doubt he's lost any ground. He's so dedicated to his rehab.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Big client meeting shortly so I’ll be quick. Another 24. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                  Techie, enjoy your run! So glad you're feeling up to it. _/\_

It snowed here last night. Some weird weather down here this winter!
                  We've had snow (mixed with some rain) all week and it's already March! That being said it was finally sunny out today, such a nice change, hope winter is finally over and we can usher in spring!
                  Last edited by Mulburry; March 2, 2023, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Dill, the sound of red-winged blackbirds is one that I look forward to every year. It's a sure sign that spring is on its way. The coyotes have been pretty vocal lately, but its probably due to the fact that its mating season for them.

Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy in the near future cowboy.

Thoughts of drinking have been lurking around in my brain lately, but the sane side of me remembers the hangovers, despair and self-disgust that accompanies the booze.

Not today...

Comment

Good morning cafe friends! Fridays roll around quick. No drinking for me today or tomorrow. Waking up without regret is so worth it. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Jude and Rava, thanks for starting the day off with such good and inspiring reminders. Not today...

Cold and rainy here today with some lightning and thunder on the way. It'll be a good day to stay indoors.

24 for all of us please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Enjoyed that quote, Techie.

Hubby will hopefully get to PT today!

Jude, you got this! Not today....

Off to get ready for PT. I'll take another day.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Busy day. Dinner out with friends this evening. A wonderful restaurant that I have Ben wanting to go to. It’s called Taste. However, I will not be tasting wine. So, another 24 please. I wish you all the best coming weekend. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                                Dill, the sound of red-winged blackbirds is one that I look forward to every year. It's a sure sign that spring is on its way. The coyotes have been pretty vocal lately, but its probably due to the fact that its mating season for them.

Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy in the near future cowboy.

Thoughts of drinking have been lurking around in my brain lately, but the sane side of me remembers the hangovers, despair and self-disgust that accompanies the booze.

Not today...
                                That is going to happen. Remember thoughts are things and you are not your thoughts. Ask your higher self to handle this. It just may surprise you. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X