~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks techie! I think that the drinking thoughts are returning due to the fact that Mr. J is going to be out of town for a couple of weeks at the end of this month. I keep thinking about how nice it would be to drink gallons of wine while he is gone, and lose myself into oblivion. I know that this is insane, but there you have it. Techie, you are so right; thoughts are just thoughts, and I have a choice, act on them or not... I may be leaning on you guys a lot during Mr. J's absence, and it comforts me to know that I can.

I would be grateful for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Jude, that was a brutally honest description of your thoughts and feelings in anticipation of your husband's upcoming absence. I could totally relate to every last word.

"Thoughts are things." Choices are what counts. Wise words, Techie.

Not today...
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I tend to think that our fear (or shame) of disappointing others if we drink is pretty common amongst us [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and that's why we think we can have a "get out of jail free" card when we are left alone, at least I know it was that way for me. And I think that's why I ended up drinking by myself most of the time during the end of my drinking career. I didn't want others to know that I was drinking, and how much I was drinking. In reality, I wasn't fooling anyone but myself.

I'm finding quitting smoking a whole lot harder. I do have thoughts a lot of the time about going down and picking up a pack of smokes, but it's usually when I'm bored, so I shove the thoughts aside and find something to get busy with. I have noticed however that I really miss smoking when I see others doing it, both on tv or in real and I don't recall being that way with drinking. Not today...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Early morning out treasure hunting (yard sales). You never know what might find! Not today....

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Just back from a wonderful hike. It was cold damp wet snow mud more wet snow and mud so I loved it. Another twenty four for moi. I wish you all the best rest of your day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                Thanks techie! I think that the drinking thoughts are returning due to the fact that Mr. J is going to be out of town for a couple of weeks at the end of this month.
                I can definitely relate as well. It's been tougher the last week or so, since I've been back in the city and alone in the evenings. Not today!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you were spot on about the drinking alone thoughts. Part of me is thinking that when Mr. J goes away I could drink freely without his disapproval. Who would know? It's like you're getting away with something. I know for a fact that if I drank while he was away, there would be consequences, whether he knew about it or not. I keep reminding myself about how crappy I felt when I was actively drinking. Do I really want to go back to that he'll on earth? Absolutely not!

Quitting smoking is hard cowboy, more so than giving up the booze. One of the books that helped me was Allan Carrs The easy way to quit smoking. Check it out!

I heard a lone coyote this morning that sounded like Tarzan. At the tail end of the howl it made this weird modeling sound. I ha

Comment

Jude, I wish I could have heard the coyote calling. It sounds delightful and eery all at the same time.

A visit to the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton is on tap for us today. I haven't been there in years so am looking forward to it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's time for breakfast I think...

Comment

Yummy breakfast! Had fun treasure hunting and lunch out. Late lunch out again today with friends. It's hubby's first outing, if he did decides to go. I'm letting him decide how he feels about that. But what ever....no AL on the menu for me!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Raining here turning to snow. Off on a run then a few weights when I get back. Another wonderful twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great breakfast Cowboy. Thank you. I was too eager to get running I forgot to thank you in my post above!

Comment

Hi cafe, late post today and none yesterday. I had the sad task of having my little dog euthanized yesterday. He died peacefully in my arms. Mr. R and I are struggling but know we did the right thing. It will take some time to work thru the sadness. For many years it was just the 3 of us and we are definitely missing him. Oddly, I have no desire to drink. Techie, your statement about thoughts vs choices is a hit! I am planning to go into the week with gratitude for all the happiness my little dog gave me for the last 12 years. Thanks for listening. 24 for me please and thank you. Ps Jude, I know how you are feeling about your husband being away. I guess you will have to prep ahead of time and make some strong plans!

Comment

Working...
                                X