Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
    [MENTION=21602]Quitting smoking is hard cowboy, more so than giving up the booze. One of the books that helped me was Allan Carrs The easy way to quit smoking. Check it out!
    A friend of mine also used that to quit smoking, said it was immensely helpful! He said eventually he started to see the cravings as a challenge and he got pleasure from beating them down, to the point that eventually he wanted to have cravings again just so he could get that kick from beating them down (got addicted to beating his addiction, I guess, haha).

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], so sorry about your pup. It's always a tough thing to let go of something that we love, but it's the kindest thing to end an animal's suffering. :hug:

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy!

I'm in for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for that great breakfast yesterday, Cowboy. You're the best! I loved the concept of getting a thrill out of beating down a craving! That's definitely CHAMPION thinking! I can't imagine trying to quit nicotine. I've heard it is the most addictive drug. But you have the mind and the heart of a Champion, Cowboy!:love:

Rava, so sorry for your loss. We pet owners have so much joy from our dogs but the loss when they pass is so difficult. I'll be thinking of you.

Ginger, what did Mr. G decide about the outing? I hope you enjoyed the lunch with your friends.

Techie, snow? The weather on the west coast is so crazy!!!

The visit at the Air Force Museum yesterda was fun and our grandson enjoyed it too.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; March 6, 2023, 07:25 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My heart goes out to you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] :hug:, it's such a hard thing to do and such a great loss to deal with...

Sounds like everyone is getting out and enjoying a few outings, what did Mr G decide [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]?

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the quitting smoking. What is helping me get through the triggers is the thought of "then what?" Sure, I could go out and get a pack of smokes, but then what? I'd have to do through the physical withdrawals again or just continue to run out for another pack of smokes. That's not really quitting, quitting is not ever buying that pack of smokes. I have to either fully commit to being a non-smoker or throw in the towel and buy a carton of smokes and die from some nicotine related illness, not too hard of a choice it seems...
            Last edited by abcowboy; March 6, 2023, 07:50 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, thinking of you as you beat that nicotine beast! You know you can.

Hubby stayed home but I went and had a lovely AF meal and great conversation with friends. Felt bad leaving him but I needed it for my own mental health! He's still coughing something terrible. Not sure they'll want his germs at PT today. We will see.

Oh [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope all the good memories with your pup replace the sadness you're feeling now. And soon. 💞

I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and non smokers including ABC. Meeting all day. Ugh. I will take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

You got this cowboy! As you mentioned, if you started smoking again, you'd have to go through the withdrawal process all over again. I've read that the nicotine leaves your body after 3 days. After that it's the cravings in your mind that you have to overcome. Good luck!

I'd gratefully accept another 24 hours...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the kind words about my dog. My heavy heart is starting to get lighter. I know it will just take time. Cowboy, quitting smoking is hard, very hard, I have complete faith in you! Ginger, glad you were able to get out for a bit and hope your husbands cough gets better! Wishing everyone a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

We have been having warmer than usual temperatures for a while, but today we go back to normal temperatures. The clouds today are so thick it makes me realized what a difference that sunshine makes! I'm glad a took the time yesterday to enjoy it.

Not much to report from here. Wishing everyone another 24 hours of wellness nad that goes double for you, Cowboy!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm headed out this morning to check on things at the farm and to look at a water heater replacement job for one of the neighbors out there. It dawned on me that my truck hasn't been started for a week! I guess that's another positive to retirement, a big savings on fuel lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to golf. So, another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

ABC, enjoy your drive to the farm. Does Bubba go with you on these excursions? You must be keeping busy, if you haven't started the pickup in a week!

Rava, will you get another pup, eventually? I'm sticking with a cat. Way more enjoyable for me. I laugh everyday watching Cyrus's antics. He's a hoot! And who can't use a good laugh!

Our weather is finally headed to normal temps! It was a long, wet winter but still enjoyable. Hoping today hubby turns a corner with this cough so he can get back to PT. His knee is progressing nicely, imo.

Techie, all day meeting? :~( I use to live through those a few times a year and I'd dread it for days! Hope yours will be productive and worth every minute of your precious time!

Off to the desert with Cyrus in the backpack! I'll take another day.

Comment

Ginger, I think that's a great idea taking Cyrus along in a backpack. I bet that he enjoys it!

Looking forward to another peaceful 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
                                X