~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ginger, I found Dark Waters at the local library on DVD and we watched it the other night. Within the first two minutes I realized that we had already seen the movie when it first came out. We enjoyed it both times! Thanks for the recommendation. Of course the movie hit very close to home for us since we live just an hour north of Cincinnati and many of the scenes were shot there and in West Virginia. On the heels of the recent train disaster in East Palestine, Ohio the movie was especially unnerving.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy yes retirement does save a lot of money on fuel! I used to commute 2 hours a day and the gas price was really cutting into my income. So that’s another positive in retirement! Ginger, no more pups. I say that because with us living so far from our kids, it frees us up to travel without restrictions. The kennels here are like 60.00 per day. That adds up quick. I do have a beta fish. Lol. That’s all for now for us. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Bubba still works part time at Church and at the hospital [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] so she doesn't usually come along when I go out there. Enjoy your day with Cyrus and hopefully Mr G will soon be joining you on your outings.

That's a long commute to make every day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Makes for a very long workday. I can see why you're happy to be done with that.

My trip out to the farm turned into quite an adventure yesterday lol. Just about made it out there and a low tire pressure alarm went off in the truck. Thankfully I was able to get to the farm without it going completely flat and I put air in it then ran over to Corey's and used his heated shop to put the spare on. Didn't feel like changing a flat tire in the snow and cold lol. Then ran into Vermilion, had the tire repaired and put back on the truck and still had lots of time to check out the job. I'll get some prices put together today for the neighbor and he can make a decision on what he wants to do.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I get that, Dill. Dogs do restrict your travel options. Enjoy your fish!

Dill, it all boils down to $greed$, in my opinion anyway.

Hubby is still coughing terribly. I think I'm going to push for an urgent care visit just so someone can listen to his lungs. No PT today for him.

Waves to all my Cafe peeps! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Not feeling well today. Mostly sleepless night so I’ll nap when I can. Hope Mr. G feels better soon. I accept another Twenty Four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good luck with the quitting smoking [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], physical withdrawal symptoms really suck (I know them all too well, but with Al), hope you can make it through them! It's the main reason I'll (try to) never touch the hooch again.

Speaking of which, a couple nights ago, on the spur of the moment I took some molly (which is now officially decriminalized here now too, yay!) with a close friend, something I hadn't done in years. I was of course a little trepidatious about my ability to not add Al into the mix when in that state, but I actually found I had very little desire to drink (when in such a blissful state booze just seem unecessary and superfluous anyways). Of course the comedown is always a little rough, and a bit of a hangover the next day (nothing too bad though, just a little lethargy), but overall it was a very positive experience (the ability to open up and have deep conversations about things you normally wouldn't talk about can be very profound when in that state) and hasn't left me with any sort of shame/guilt, perhaps the opposite if anything. And the main thing is i didn't drink! Of course molly can be psychologically addictive as well, but I've learned over the years to savor it and only do it on very rare occasions.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], pardon my ignorance, but what is Molly? Guess that I must be living under a bush, because I have no clue what it is.

Committed to another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:01am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think Molly is also known as Ecstasy [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], at least that's what Google tells me lol. I have no idea about its effects etc though. We'd need [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] to explain it better. I knew they have been thinking about decriminalizing some of the chemical drugs in Canada, but didn't realize they have already started.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Ginger, yes push your doctor to get an X-ray or something. This cough should be better by now. Being a good advocate is what Mr. G needs. Wishing everyone a great day! 24 more please!

Comment

Thanks for the info, ABC. I had no idea either. Dill, guess we hang out under the same rock. Lol

Techie, hope you can get some much needed rest today.

Hubby made it back to PT yesterday. He hasn't lost any ground, which was good news. Still coughing but not as bad. Hoping he's turning the corner.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll happily take another.

Comment

Late check in for me today. Up and out the door early for volunteering at tge hospital. Better late than never!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Better day as I already have finished a five mile run. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Thinking of Mr G

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                                I think Molly is also known as Ecstasy [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], at least that's what Google tells me lol. I have no idea about its effects etc though. We'd need [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] to explain it better. I knew they have been thinking about decriminalizing some of the chemical drugs in Canada, but didn't realize they have already started.
                                Yup, MDMA (often referred to on the street as "ecstasy"). It is decriminalized just in British Columbia as part of a pilot project (as well as other hard drugs- partly to help with the fentanyl epidemic I believe). It's a euphoric stimulant with some mild pshychedelic qualities (though it won't cause hallucinations or anything like that). It's quite different from drugs like cocaine, in that it makes you feel a great amount of empathy for everything and everyone (it is sometimes referred to as the "love drug"). Also goes great with music, dancing etc. (often used at raves) It really can provide a unique amazing experience. It has also been used in clinical trials and has been shown extremely effective as a tool to enhance psychotherapy (people will open up about things that they would not easily otherwise). But it does have dangers in potential psychological addiciton, and over-use to lead to serotonin depletion and depression like symptoms, so like I said something not to take lightly and best only done on rare occaisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X