~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the clarification about Molly cowboy and mulburry. Sounds like an interesting drug, and one that I could become addicted to, so I'd best stay away from it!

Ginger, hope that Mr. G's cough continues to improve. I can't imagine dealing with that plus trying to recover from knee surgery.

I have so much to lose if I started drinking again, so not today...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie already been running this morning. You are incredible! Ginger so glad Mr. G is turning the corner. Coughing and knee together has to be making him irritable, I know it would make mean. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

4:58am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a dreary, rainy morning here but I am happy for the rain because Mr. D and I planted some sugar snap peas last evening and this will give them a good start.

I hope everyone has a good day today and another 24 for all of us here.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good to hear that Mr G is starting to feel better [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], he'll be back to his old self in no time.

Interesting read [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], thanks for the info. My next question is how are they handling the sale of it, through the cannabis stores or?
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes for Mr. G. Our brief outing to the grocery store went fine. He has a tendency to retreat inward and become reclusive, especially when he isn't well so getting him back out in the world is very important!

Big craft sale in our community today. I make wire wrap jewlery as one of my many hobbies and I'll have a table today. Fingers crossed I'll move some inventory so I can make more! Good day not to drink.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and all those that are wired, hahaha. Good luck selling your wares today, Ginger. Would love you to post a pic of your artwork (craft). So, with a lot of love and a wet chilly run and bike ride ahead, I will take twenty four more. I wish you all the best day possible. For those still not feeling 100% I wish you quick healing. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  Interesting read [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], thanks for the info. My next question is how are they handling the sale of it, through the cannabis stores or?
                  It hasn't been fully legalized so there is no regulation of sales or anything like that. Just that possession of an amount deemed "for personal use" is no longer a crime technically. Interestingly, traditional psychedelics (magic mushrooms, LSD etc.- also very mind expanding) were not included in the decriminalization but there are now stores in Vancouver actively selling them, so authorities must be turning a blind eye.

He has a tendency to retreat inward and become reclusive, especially when he isn't well so getting him back out in the world is very important!
                  This is me to a tee too, haha. Or at least it used to be. Nowadays, wven when feeling poorly, I really try to make the effort to get out for a walk at least (some fresh air, seeing the outdoors, some people), most of the time you end up feeling better when you do.
                  Last edited by Mulburry; March 10, 2023, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I too, have hermit like tendencies, especially when I was drinking. I don't like large crowds, but I don't mind going to small gatherings such as craft shows etc.. Speaking of crafts [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I hope that you sold a lot of your jewelry at the show. As techie suggested, I'd love to see some pics of your work.

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I had to chuckle to myself [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you guys are out planting peas and I'll be shoveling snow most of the weekend lol

Comment

Had a pretty good sell yesterday and I was exhausted by the end. I think it's all that talking!

Hubby continues to cough but otherwise feels OK. He's up to 3/4 mile walks and lots of other PT activities so progress is definitely happening!

Waves to all my Cafe pals! I'll take another day!

I do many other things but here's a necklace.

Comment

That's gorgeous, Ginger! I'm glad you had a good day yesterday and that Mr. G seems to have turned a corner or two.

I tend toward hermitry too. (I'm pretty sure that is not really a word...) And drinking was definitely an isolation activity for me once I lost control of the off switch.

Cowboy, we were supposed to get snow yesterday, but it never materialized. We always plant peas in early March and they tolerate the variable Spring weather pretty well. But I'm glad I gave you a chuckle! It was quite a contrast, for sure.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and artists. Very lovely Ginger and thank you for posting. Chilly and rainy here. Was going to run but will pass today. I am slowly getting back to normal. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. I read this in an article this morning and it struck me as a truism. “Alcohol is the only drug people question you for not using.”

Last edited by techie; March 11, 2023, 12:48 PM.
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I also got a laugh about planting peas this early dill. There's several inches of snow on the ground here with the possibility of big snow Monday night and Tuesday. We usually start our plants indoors and put them in the ground towards the end of May.

Glad that Mr. G is doing a little better Ginger!

Daylight savings today... wish that we would do away with that tradition. Supposedly in the future it will be a thing of the past, but we shall see...

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X