No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for some breakfast...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nice work [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], bending copper wire the way you do is no easy task!

I'm really hoping that the bill to stop time change passes down there [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] as then we would follow suit. I fail to see why the need to change time anyway, hours of daylight are still hours of daylight, you can't save any of them lol.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy. Lots of pepper which I like and crispy hash browns. Yum. I have been making fresh artisan bread in my new Dutch oven. Easy and so tasty. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Glad Mr. G is on the mend. Beautiful necklace too! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, that breakfast looked fantastic! I wish I had some tomatoes to go with my eggs this morning! Thank you.

Jude, did you ever watch James Crockett's Victory Garden back in the day? I think he was on in the 70's-80's on public tv. He did a gardening show that inspired many New Englanders to start Victory Gardens and we were inspired by many of his ideas. We bought his book and in the book it went month by month telling what gardening activities to do. March was time to plant peas! I know it seems strange, but we've been doing it ever since. I will admit, they are under an inch of snow today, but that's ok. They can take it! Mr. D also starts a few in the greenhouse and transplants them after May 10, but there doesn't seem to be much difference in time to harvest.

I forgot it was time to set the clock forwar until I read Jude's post! Thanks for the reminder, Jude. I thought we were done with the time change thing but I guess they are still dithering about it.

23 or 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for breaking Cowboy! You’ve outdone yourself. And just the right amount of pepper.

Techie, I’m glad you’re returning to normal and able to resume your many physical activities! I’m thrilled for you.

Ginger, beautiful craftwork. I hope shoppers took advantage of your skills and bought lots.

Interesting reading back to learn how many Cafe friends are “hermit” like. Me too although lately I’ve left my comfort zone by starting a photography club for residents of our building. It’s off to a great start, and this week I hosted the first meeting of our ROMEO Club - Retired Old Men Eating Out. Tomorrow is our organizational meeting at a local restaurant.

I know how easily I can get addicted to things like nicotine and alcohol so there’s no way I’d trust myself with anything like Molly. The thought scares me.
              I was always envious of social smokers, ones who could have 1 or 2 at a party but that was never me. After almost 40 years since I quit smoking, in my mind I’m still a smoker.

I hope everyone adjusts well to the loss of an hours sleep overnight. I read yesterday that someone proposed changing the clocks by 30 minutes and then leave them. It’ll never happen but it makes sense to me.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Always glad to see you in the Cafe for ABC's yummy brekkie. QW.

Dill, I remember that gardening show. I loved watching!

Techie, glad you are starting to feel like your old self. If anyone can power through, you can! I start each day with your quotes in mind. I thank you for that.

I'd love to gift each of you a piece of my jewlery. If you have any interest, PM me your address and I'll put one in the mail to you.

Love my peeps here in the Cafe! Another day please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Great spread ABC. So, with a full belly I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best Sunday possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    Nice work [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]I'm really hoping that the bill to stop time change passes down there [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] as then we would follow suit. I fail to see why the need to change time anyway, hours of daylight are still hours of daylight, you can't save any of them lol.
                    BC has actually already passed legislation to stay on DST all year round (much better than staying on standard time IMO), but yes, like you mentioned they are waiting for the US/western states to implement it to stay in sync (which they have said they intend to do). Not sure what the holdup is, hope they get to it eventually.

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
                    I guess today it would only be 23... but that's good enough for me!

I was always envious of social smokers, ones who could have 1 or 2 at a party but that was never me.
                    This was me to a tee, haha. I just never enjoyed smoking/nicotine unless I was drinking (it always made me a little jittery/nauseous otherwise). When I was drinking every day I did often have one cigarrete or later one nicotine mint, but it was the easiest addiction I ever quit because I don't believe I had enough for any physical dependence and now that I quit drinking I really have no cravings for it (lucky me), like I do with pot sometimes.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; March 12, 2023, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I couldn't log on earlier, but here I am!

Great to see you QW, and glad that you are doing well!

Gotta run, as I have an early dental appointment. Ugh..

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

6:33am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

So nice to see you QW. Interesting to hear that you have started a photography club. I guess you are more social than you thought! I may be as well, because no one has forced me to volunteer, or to join a Homemaker's club, but there I am. I think the question is actually one of balance and purpose. My social activities are limited as compared to when I was having to be out every weekday making a living. And my profession called on me to be around people a major part of my day. That was definitely too much time out among people for me. The other factor is purpose. Going to a party or other social event just to be sociable is a different thing from joining a group of like-minded people who focus on a particular activity or endeavor.

I hope if we ever do make the commitment here in the States, to choosing a time plan and stick with it, that we choose the DST over the Standard Time. Like you [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I much prefer it.

Wishing another 24 hours for all of us here.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

More than a cross post [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], an exact same time post lol. I had trouble logging in this morning so I was a bit late getting here. I'd also vote to stay with DST instead of Standard.

Great to see you stop by [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I'm 2 months smoke free today!

I'm going to PM my address right away [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I know Bubba would love one of your pieces!

Good luck at the dentist [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], a necessary evil lol.

Comment

I'm happy to have one of my pieces living in Canada with you and Baba! I'll get it out to you very soon!

Hubby's cough is getting better each day and he's able to sleep. We are winding down here for the season so he's faced with a long ride home. Right now he can only tolerate about 20 min in the car before his knee starts throbbing. He's going to pt this morning and will ask about this issue. It seems like sitting at a 90° angle shouldn't cause that kind of pain but I know nothing about knee surgery recovery. We shall see!

Off to start my day. Waves to all my buddies here in the Cafe! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to meet with a client. So, another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X