~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Still on for be mend from a trail run fall. Nothing serious as I can still swing a golf club. So, another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Geez techie, be careful out there on the trail! Glad that it was nothing serious, and that you were still able to swing a golf club.

24 more please...

Comment

4:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, don't push yourself too hard. As the Desiderata reminds us: " Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself."

Going for a visit with Mr. D's brother today, meeting at our usual halfway point for lunch.

24 more for all of us please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Dill, hope you enjoy your lunch today. Techie, glad you are ok after your trail ride fall. Geez you are tough! I slipped last night with wine. Got up this morning and dumped it all out. Bottle goes in the dumpster. I’m thankful that I did not drink myself into a hangover. Time to reel it in right away before bad habits take over my life again. Ugh. If I had known in my teens that this would be a life long issue I may have never started. Of course teens know everything right? Wishing everyone a great day. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Techie, hope you heal up quick and can get back out there!

Rava, glad you dumped the poison and got right back here!

Dill, enjoy your visit!

Hoping to get hubby out for another drive today. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to medical appointment. Doing better with pain. Another twenty four please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                  I slipped last night with wine. Got up this morning and dumped it all out.
                  The main thing is to get right back on the wagon!

The neighbor at my parents place gave us a bottle of his homebrew. I was just curious as to the taste/quality so tried a tiny sip of it (which I'm not considering "drinking")... luckily it was pretty bad (very yeasty) so I wasn't tempted to drink more (thank god for neighbors being poor brewers, haha).

Comment

Glad that you dumped the wine Rava, not sure if I would have been able to do that! Mulburry, happy to hear that your neighbor is a lousy brewer.

Nothing much going on here, but at least the days are getting warmer.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Thanks for the encouraging words. It’s way too easy to fall back into bad habits and I definitely know that. Retirement has its challenges and many people of this age drink A LOT. Daily happy hours, etc. I just have to learn how to get around it in a healthy way. Staying in this group has always been good for me. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you

Comment

4:58am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm beginning to think Lily likes the smell of skunk. Yep, she did it again.

Rava, I'm so glad you pulled back from drinking the whole bottle and that you woke up feeling ok. Sneaky devil!

Techie, I hope you are feeling much better by today.

24 more for all of us here, please.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good job on dumping out the rest of the bottle [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and getting right back here.

Another bath for Lily eh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. Is she still in 4H training with your gdaughter?

Comment

All the years we had Ginger, she only got skunked once. Man, that was awful! Good luck with Lily, Dill.

Techie, continued healing for you.

Raining and flooding all over AZ. Such weird weather. Should be in the high 70s and sunny. Crazy but so needed! All the reservoirs are full. They announced on the news that California has officially left its drought behind. Yay!

Off to walk the cat while there's a break. I'm in for another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I am doing much better. Over to Palo Alto tomorrow. So, with gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X