No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My truck goes in for a service and tire rotation first thing this morning, then I'm off to our accountant in Vermilion to drop off stuff for this year's taxes. Pretty exciting stuff for a Monday lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe and so glad you are here new Nelso. This is a wonderful group of supportive people who will actually become your friends! I missed yesterday as my mother is very ill and I booked a flight north that got cancelled so I’m flying this afternoon. I will try to check in when I can. I have no idea what I’m facing but my gut knows it’s not going to be good. Hope everyone has a good day. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Oh Rava, sending thoughts and prayers for your mom. _/\_

Early morning appointments so asking for another day of freedom!

Comment

Prayers for you and your mom, Rava. I'll be thinking of you.

Cowboy, your Monday sure sounds exciting! Mine is not much better tho. Just laundry and straightening. and watching the rain.

Welcome, New Nelso!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and light and prayer for you and your mom, Rava. Please check in and know we are here for you. Off to golf this morning. I’ll see how my wrist and thumb perform. So, with love and respect I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wise words from Eckhart Tolle. Thanks for that reminder, Techie.

Living in an old farmhouse like we do we sometimes have to deal with mice. I was wondering if any of you ever heard of a live trap called the mouse cube? I have had more success catching mice with them than with any other trap I've tried. The biggest problem is you have to release them out into the wild and I always worry they'll find their way back. One time I actually took one of those traps halfway to work with me and about 5 miles from my home I pulled into a small village post office parking lot and released it there. I'm certain that one never found it's way back here! LOL

I wish you all the peace of surrender. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:58am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sending thoughts and 🙏s your way [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], have a safe trip.

Adam used the same type of trap in their acreage home [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. We have a few mice get in the camper at the farm every year when it's unoccupied, but I still use the old Victor traps lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I made it north by 8 pm last night. Heading to the hospital this morning. Gonna be a long day. I talked to her nurse yesterday and requested morphine for her. I don’t care about all these further tests that the docs want to line their pockets, . Jesus when you are almost 90 you deserve death with dignity, that is my mission. Comfort care first and foremost. Thinking of everyone here and hope you have a sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Sad news for sure [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] :hug: and I agree with you 100%

Comment

Late check in today. I had to take a friend to the airport this morning for a really early flight, so it kind of messed up my routine.

Rava, sending prayers to you and your Mom. Do the doctors know what is wrong with her? Please keep us posted. :hug:

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Quiet morning as I just finished my run. Off to Starbucks to meet some friends. I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rava, I 100% agree with your thoughts about death with dignity. I pray for your Mom's peaceful passing and for her memory to bring you that same peace. 🙏

I'll take another day.

Comment

Rava, thinking of you...

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours of serenity and peace...

Comment

Rava, your mom is in good hands with you. Still praying for you both.

Cowboy, I still use the snap trap on occasion but I am a bit afraid of setting them because they are so sensitive.

Jude, I hope you are not feeling to lonely. I'll join you in another 24 hours of serenity.

Wishing everyone a good and peaceful day.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X