~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Don't allow silly drama to stress you out. Breathe and let it go.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Now that's a better check in rate lol. Y'all know that it's not just about checking in everyday, we can use the thread to discuss whatever topic that's bothering us, except politics of course...

Great to see you again Wildflowers, how's it been going?
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yes! Much better list! Safety in numbers, I say. I'll go for 24 with y'all!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Please, I want and need another 24hours!... Thank you!... My lap top has the black screen. Daughter is giving me her Mac book soon. On tablet. Tried with phone. It's to small to see well. I don't know how our dear Paully does this from her phone.
        Have been on and off the grog. Evil, poisonous, ethanolol!!!!!! [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] took baclofen yesterday. It helped. My heart races with awful anxiety too much. Then drink helps at first then worse anxiety and depression!... I was doing ok. Was sober on vacation, bday trip when kids were here. I believe I never learned how to cope with mainly emotional stress. I feel rejected and abandoned by all those who loved me. Some of this is true and some in my head. Example: what set me off,what triggered me. I wanted to fly down for baby bears special 30th bday. Was told not to. Mom please just save $ for our wedding and Dad's surgery. I felt very hurt and rejected and drank to cope. I have a difficult time sharing. Vulnerable, think I'll not be accepted for who I am. I have too much shame and guilt. My husband is a huge trigger as well. I'm practicing letting go!.... I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD yrs ago. Example: When we went on vacation I told family before we went to rental house, we needed to find Tusnami route. I was able to talk myself out of these fears and enjoy trip. I hope you won't make fun of me. I'm trying to open up and be honest. Im aware of my major trust issues. I tried a new therapist and wasnt a good fit. I've been having panic attacks from drinking. Before there anxiety attacks. I'd like to sell everything and live by a river that feeds into the ocean. I just want peace of mind,body and spirit. I spent three hours on the phone with baby bear and things are better. My kids mean everything to me. They know I sacrificed much for them to have a better life.
        Have missed you all!... Will do my best to post everyday on this important thread. I mean anyone can go without the drink for 24hrs. Right. In other news we may break a record here in OR. Going to be 107-109. It's hazy here do to fires from British Columbia and PNW. Praying for all our brave firefighters! So so thankful for AC! I worry about our homeless people. Want to do more to help them!

Thank you for welcoming me home. MWO is a special place!... Xo

Comment

So happy to see you back WF! Finding a counselor that fits is really tough. Kind of like
          trying on jeans. You need to try half a dozen at least til you find a good fit! Sadly it is
          so emotional just getting through the first appt with a new counselor. Can you maybe
          set up a few appts with different counselors and see if you can find a good fit? I am
          wanting to try this next month myself. I too was on the alcohol merry go round for the
          last month. Really crazy since the 8 or 9 days I had afree last month felt so good!

Does anyone here have any insight on how to find a good counselor for us crazy folks?

24 please on this hot and humid day in San Diego.

Comment

Oops. I meant Saturday is 2 years. I thought tomorrow was the 5th. I'm jumping the gun here. Lol.
            Anyways.....7:15pm in Toronto, another 24 please.

Welcome back WILDFLOWERS!!! <3

Bri

Comment

“Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.”

6:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] abcowboy

Big day tomorrow Bri! You can do this Wildflowers, and everyone else! Look at Bri and myself, we were both where y'all are now! We are no different, just one drink away from being a drunk again. Just get up in the morning and tell yourself that today is going to be a darn good day not to drink! Oh yea, and never quit on your quit!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

5:58 in Vegas another 24 please I'm very excited for you BRI
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more for me please. Going to be super busy the next 4-5 days with work, long days, so if I don't check in, don't worry, I'm not going to quit on my quit.

Comment

I'll take another 24 hours please!...Thank you!....So happy for you Bri!...:smile:
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] That quote was just so great today!... Just what I needed to hear and want to believe!... I will get there. I told the Lord I will fight till the day I die. Double Nickles I am.

We didn't set a new weather record yesterday. It was only 105. Don't think I'd noticed the difference. Only supposed to be 99 today. Yippie. Not.

Anyone hear from LS or Panhandle Kim?. I'll try and PM them later. I'm sorry I can't member other names at the moment. You are missed and cared about too!!!.. Hope are other friends will check in when they have time. Never any judgements!... :love:
                    Last edited by Wildflowers; August 4, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm late sitting down here today. It's fun time here with granddaughter's birthday today. She is six! I can't believe how time has flown since she was a babe in arms. Another 24 will be a good gift for her and for me!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

thank you everyone for being excited with me.
                        just a few more hours yet and it'll officially be two years!!! so crazy. lol. it's hard to believe sometimes when i look back on older posts. but it's happened - i am finally free.

another 24 please.

Comment

Bri - so happy for you! Congratulations.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It's 8:06 here and a beautiful morning.. I'll take 24 more!
                            Congratulations on 2 years, Bri!! I'm very happy for you!

Comment

A big shout-out to [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 BIG YEARS!
                              A quick drive-by for a cup o' joe to go, 24 for me and all my friends!

Comment

Thank you friends. <3
                                It's hard to believe that it's two years...but it is. I just did a huge journal entry in my personal journal/diary...I had a rough go of this entire thing...looking back....it makes me sad. But there is no sense in dwelling on the past. I must move forward, right? These past 24 months weren't without their trials and tribulations, heartache and sadness...but also happiness, joy, accomplishments and so much more. I've done more in the last two years then I had in the 5+ years of drinking.
                                I don't know...today I am at a sort of loss for words. Just sitting here with my coffee...my babies...rainy day...all I know is that I would like another 24 more...and I honestly couldn't have done it without you guys. So I thank you.
                                I am honestly incredibly grateful for each and every one of you...and for this forum.

Thank you. <3
                                Bri

Comment

Working...
                                X