Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great breakfast Cowboy! Perfect way to start the day.

Rava, condolences on the passing of your Mom.

Our ROMEO Club met for the first time the other day at a local Chinese buffet with 10 enthusiastic members. The reactions we get when we mention ROMEOS is quite interesting but people chuckle when we explain it stands for Retired Old Men Eating Out. When a lady resident in our building asked if I was going to start a similar group for ladies, I pointed out that my wife likely wouldn’t like it but she could start one. Well, it appears the JULIETS are doing the same as the guys.

Before our move into the condo 2 years ago, we downsized and for a few reasons. The first being we had a lot less space but more importantly, we didn’t want our kids to have to deal with disposing of our belongings. Someday they’ll appreciate it.
    We recently learned of the passing of a member of our Parkinson’s support group from PD related causes. She and her husband were living in a huge house that was full of furniture and knickknacks, including a collection of over 600 salt & pepper shakers. I can’t imagine the task ahead for her husband and kids.

So nice to see signs of spring here, although, like Jude, Calgary can expect snow over the next couple of days. I’m hoping to get the camera gear out to a local park later in the week, weather depending. Birds are returning, crocuses are coming up. My favourite time of year.

Stay safe everyone and of course af.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good to see you, QW. I can't think of a club name for the ladies that would work as well as ROMEOs I'll give it some thought tho.

Jude, I had been wondering if you had seen your dear neighbor/friend lately. It's good to know she is doing well.

Feeling 100% now altho still testing positive. I'm giving it one more day and then I am getting back out there. I may wear a mask for a few days to make sure I don't spread it.

((Rava))

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Sunday morning all. Yummy brekkie, Cowboy 🤠

Great to see you, QW. Thanks for the catch up. Sorry about losing a member of your support group. The ROMEO group sounds great!

Dill, glad you both are on the mend.

Rava, thinking of you.

Jude, how nice to be lunching out with your neighbor. I bet she really enjoys that.

Techie, such a great quote!

Still not sure when we'll head north. Weather is great here and not so much at home. Getting out in the desert every day. Just have to watch out for snakes! I'll take another day!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Thanks Cowboy. In a conference all day. Another 24 please. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for stopping in QW. Great to see you as always! ROMEO sounds like a great idea! My friend and I went to a local diner the other day and there were lots of ROMEOS at the counter having coffee. I loved it!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy. Yum!

Rava...:hug::hug:

I'm in for another 24 please...

Comment

Not much planned for today, other than 24 hours of wellness.

I hope we all enjoy another 24 hours of wellness, clarity and peace.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new to report on here, still lots of snow to melt before we see many signs of spring, but the weather is supposed to warm up considerably by the weekend and that will help. Hope y'all have a great day!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just another day in paradise. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Still in San Jose and heading back home tomorrow. Another twenty four for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Late check in for me, but I'm still in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Well look at that, I'm the first one here this morning, sure hope it's just because the ladies are busy with other things. Coffee is on and hoping y'all have a fantastic day!

Comment

Thanks for the coffee, Cowboy! All good here in the desert. Flowers are coming along. Going to take a drive and see some big patches. If I get some good pics, I'll post a couple. I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Late check in for me today. No particular reason why except I just got busy early and today I decided to get out of the house and back among the living. I am following CDC guidance of wearing a mask out in public at least through day 10. I'm feeling great and according to guidance am not no longer contagious. Still testing positive though. Apparently (as Rava mentioned previously) that can happen for a long time after having covid.

I hope everyone has a good 24 hours of wellness, clarity and peace.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X