Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    The snow is starting to melt quickly now as it's staying above freezing most nights.
    Wow, you still have snow eh? It's been a bit cooler than seasonal here, but snow of course has been a thing of the past for month & a half now. Still would be nice to get a few more of those real nice sunny spring days (few and far between lately).

Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

It's a chilly morning here but still above freezing and today's high will be 22C/73F. Perfect!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We've had beautiful weather here the last few days with temps in the 60's. I'm even starting to see some flowers blooming.

Glad that you are home safe and sound Ginger!

24 more please...

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's amazing how much the snow disappeared over the weekend [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], but there is still a bit laying in places. I might take a trip out to the farm today to check on things and see what the fields and yard are like for snow. It'll definitely be a while yet before the ice is off the sloughs and lakes.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe, Glad you are safely home ginger, I just got back from the airport drop off, the kids are already talking about coming back. That makes my heart happy. Hope everyone has a good and alcohol free day. Cowboy I would rather mow lawn than shovel snow. It will be a nice change for you. Warmer weather and sunshine makes for a happy mood. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Rava, glad you enjoyed your visit. I bet it was cathartic after what you've been through. How old are the grands?

Hoping for a better weather day today. It poured rain yesterday. We will see our gsons after school today! Yay! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Busy day ahead. BTW, I had the best round of golf yesterday. We can in second place behind the winners by two strokes. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rava glad that you had a good time with the kids. I'm sure that it was much needed therapy after all that you've been through.

Another warm day on tap so it will be a good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning cafe. This morning is my first normal morning in 2 weeks. My grands are 5 and 6. Everything was new to them including the plane ride and feeding alligators, yes it was a much needed time. Last night I was up all night with my thoughts racing. I feel like I have hit a brick wall. Pure adrenaline and now stillness. It didn’t help that I drank last night. Bottle has been emptied this morning and in the trash. The thought of hanging onto that bottle and drinking again tonight makes me feel ashamed. Not going down that road, I will make a plan and stay busy. Thanks to everyone here for support and compassion. 24 hours for me please and thank you.

Comment

Techie, well done on your golf game! That must've been fun.

Rava, well done on pouring out what was left of that bottle. It sounds like you just got over your skis. Being out of your routine didn't help either. You'll get back to your routine and start strengthening those sobriety muscles and will grow stronger every day.

24 more hours of wellness for all of us here, please
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Things should help now that everything is settling back into a normal routine [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], good job on stopping when you did.

So much for spring being here lol. It started raining yesterday morning and turned into snow by mid-afternoon and everything is covered in a blanket of snow this morning!

Comment

I couldn't get postimage to work this morning so you'll just have to "click" on the thumbnail. Huge Congrats going out to

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] !

Comment

Techie, another great quote and congratulations on 13 years of freedom. I don't recall, does Mrs Techie abstain from AL use? Congrats on your round!

Rava, it's been crazy for you. Talk to yourself like you would your best friend. Be gentle and kind. You've been through so much. Hugs dear lady.

I'll take another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X