~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the poem dill! Yes, at times, the rain must fall in all of our lives, but eventually the sun does shine. We just have to wade through some puddles before we see it.

Glad that you enjoyed the time with your friend Ginger. I'm sure that you had a lot to talk about!

Another 24 for all of us please...

Comment

Ginger, that's really great that you have found such a hidden treasure. I'm happy for you. I also admire you friend for her determination. The death of her husband could easily have led to a return to drinking. I wonder sometimes how such an event would affect me.

Thank you for another wonderful quote, Techie. I hope you are feeling less tired.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day of wellness and clarity. 24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and than

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Great job everyone!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

First things first, get the breakfast out...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Then we can all grab a piece of cake to wish a Happy BB Birthday to

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

Sounds to me like you've got a real gem in your old/new friend [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!
              Last edited by abcowboy; April 30, 2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Birthday Dill! Thanks for another awesome brekkie Cowboy!

Nice to read back and catch up on what’s been going on with my Cafe buddies.

Techie, I’m glad you’re feeling less tired from this round of treatment. The grace and determination in how you’re dealing with this is an inspiration to everyone!

Ginger, so nice you’ve reconnected with an old friend. As I get older, I’m finding how important it is to maintain and grow a circle of friends. In the past 6 months or so we’ve got to know a few more people in our building, including a couple who are die hard Toronto Maple Leaf fans. They detest my Montreal Canadiens as much as I do the Leafs but in spite of that, we’ve enjoyed each others company on several occasions. For those not in the know, it’s a Canadian hockey thing!
                And we’ve made new friends through our Parkinson’s association. Nice to spend time with those dealing with similar challenges.

I like having something to look forward to so this week we booked 10 days at our favourite Riviera Maya resort in December. Mrs QW is experiencing increasing mobility issues so I’m not sure how many more trips we’ll be able to do. Since this may be our last Mexican holiday, we’ve reserved a romance bungalow on a lagoon, close to the beach and our favourite restaurants. This will be our 6th stay at this resort.

A big HI to all my Cafe buddies!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; April 30, 2023, 07:44 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hey QW! Great to see you and hear what's going on in your life. What a wonderful trip you have to look forward to. Sorry to hear Mrs is decling though. Sending thoughts your way.

I get to see my oldest gdaughter and family today. Our great grandson is 18 mo and this will be the first time we've seen him in 6 mo. I hope he remembers who we are!!

Hi to all my Cafe buddies. Happy birthday, Dill 🎂. I'll skip brekkie and go straight to that cake! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy Birthday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Great breakfast Cowboy. Wonderful to see you QW. Another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Super late check in for me. Glad I checked in tho to say Happy Birthday Dill! I hope you are having a great day. Good to hear from you QW and looking forward to that Mexico trip is just what the doctor ordered. Ginger I am so glad you caught up with your friend, lots to catch up with. Hope everyone is having a good day! Another 24 please!

Comment

Great to see you QW! Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful, and I'm glad that you're making new friends, even if you don't root for the same hockey team.

Happy belated birthday dill, hope that you had a great day!

I'll take another 24 hours please...

Comment

Thank you so much, Cowboy! The cake was delicious! And the breakfast as fantastic, as usual. And thank you to everyone for the the birthday wishes. I had a really nice day. Mr. D arranged a nice little surprise birthday dinner party for me at Red Lobster. It was just he and I and my son and grandkids. I really enjoyed the food and of course, the company!

So nice to see you, QW! It's good to hear you are doing well and have yet another Mexico holiday in the horizon.

It's cold and rainy here, but fairly typical for May. Things will warm up again in a day or two. In the meantime, let's all have another 24 hours of wellness and peace.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Well done y'all!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sounds like things are as good as they can be in your world [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] all things considered. Too bad you cheer for the wrong hockey team though lol.

Glad you had a good birthday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], Red Lobster is one my favorite restaurants but haven't been in a while.

Comment

Cowboy, I have to add that I actually have 3 favourite hockey teams - the Montreal Canadiens and whatever team is playing Toronto or Boston!
                                I will be cheering for the Oilers throughout the playoffs. Watching McDavid and Draisaitl is amazing!

My Canadiens will be back next year. I hope!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X