X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    It's that time of year again
    It certainly is, the blossoms are out, flowers are out, the leaves are coming in on the trees, the air is warming up.
    The only downside is these long bright warm-ish evenings are giving me a hankering to hit a patio and have a margarita (or three). But heck, I've mad it 596 days, I can make it one more (not today).
    Last edited by Mulburry; May 3, 2023, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy over the next several weeks cowboy.
      [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I hear you about the urge to drink as the weather gets warmer, but you don't want to blow 596 days of sobriety. That's quite an accomplishment.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, we will not head north until July. I booked a place about 8 months ago and the owner sent me my refund and stated she rented the place for a year to someone. I understand so I found another place thank goodness. It’s a little more expensive so we are staying 3 weeks instead of 4. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Ginger, hope you have fun with your sisters. Dill you are a saint for signing up for 2 years!! 24 more please!

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Keep up the good work y'all!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Safe travels [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and enjoy your sister time.

That will be a nice vacation [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], just long enough to have fun with everyone!

Nope, no reason at all to be resetting your sobriety counter [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], you're doing great with those days.

Not the best day in the field lol, had a flat tire on the air drill but Corey and I got it off, repaired it ourselves, and was back running in under 2 hours. Looking forward to a better day today haha.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mul, you're really racking up the days! Congrats.

Rava, three weeks may end up being plenty of time up north.

Hitting the road. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Not much going on around here. Still going to meetings and I've actually come to look forward to them.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

I forgot to check in yesterday! I guess I got up and had to get moving so early to get to my volunteer job that I didn't have time before I left the house. The early morning is when I check in usually. By the time I got off work I never gave it a second thought. So here I am today, and happy to be here.

Jude, I'm really happy to hear you are getting enjoyment out of the meetings. It makes me wonder if I should look into it for myself.

Hope you had a better day yesterday, Cowboy!

I hope we all enjoy a day of wellness and peace.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Keep up the good work my friends!

Comment

Yep, yesterday was a much better day [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Starting to get used to my new routine and the 14 hour days lol.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Jude, I’m so happy the meetings are working well for you and giving you that added support. Tonight we have been invited to hear a band play at a local bar. I’m feeling stressed about this as we always turn down offers of this sort. I’m going to go in strong with a plan because this makes me feel weak and shaky. I cant avoid all socialization at night because I cant play well with others! Damn alcohol!! Ok I am firmly stating another 24 please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Happy to read your post, Jude!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it never hurts to try something new. It was a little scary going to my first meeting, but the support and care that I have found there is amazing. Being in a room full of people who "get it" gives me a sense of belonging such as we have here, but face to face is so very powerful.
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hope that you made it through the bar scene ok. It's not easy, but you can still have fun without the booze.

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

4:53am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Good job y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X