No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad that you're finding the meetings helpful [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Anything we can do to build strength and determination is great in my books!

Have you never tried AA [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? If not and you're still fighting that AV is might be worth a shot.

Hopefully everything turned out okay last night [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and you were able to enjoy the evening without drinking.

Not much new here, they are forecasting rain showers for tonight and tomorrow, fingers crossed that they are right!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

How did it go last night, Rava? I thought about what you were facing and how I would cope. I haven't gone out to an event like that in years! However, I have gotten really good at going to places where drinking is part of the experience and I have no problem not drinking. My problem is that it sometimes triggers me to buy and drink when I get home. I hope you were able to avoid the beast.

Jude, thank you for the encouragement. I am thinking about it. Cowboy, I went to one AA meeting when I first joined MWO. It wasn't a good fit and I wasn't really ready to admit I belonged there, so I didn't give it a fair chance at that time.

Hope you had fun with your Sis, Ginger!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. I am happy to report that I nursed a Diet Coke and had a taco. No problem at all. I was dreading it more before hand and once I got there it was fine. I always avoid any nighttime activities due to not only drinking but driving at night. So so many people drink and drive and it is crazy. Glad to have made it over that hurdle. Today is a busy day cooking for an elderly neighbor who fell and is recovering. Wishing everyone a wonderful and sober Saturday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Morning pals, having such a busy, fun time with my sisters I forgot to check-in. I'm here and ready for another day and a long walk on Damon Point.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              Not much new here, they are forecasting rain showers for tonight and tomorrow, fingers crossed that they are right!
              I've seen the news about the all the wildfires in Alberta, crazy. Here on the coast it seems like it's been a pretty cool and wet spring so far, so it seems almost unfathomable.

How did it go last night, Rava? I thought about what you were facing and how I would cope. I haven't gone out to an event like that in years! However, I have gotten really good at going to places where drinking is part of the experience and I have no problem not drinking. My problem is that it sometimes triggers me to buy and drink when I get home. I hope you were able to avoid the beast.
              I have yet to do this, not so much intentionally but it just hasn't come up (most of friends have families/young kids now so are no longer into the evening bar scene). I think a small gathering with close friends would be fine. What would give me pause is a larger event with many people; social anxiety and the desire to just let loose a bit, in those situations, was always a primary reason to drink for me in those situations.

Comment

Rava, glad that you made it through last night unscathed. You must be proud of yourself and you should be!

Dill, if you do decide to go to a meeting, check out different ones in your area. Find a group of people that you are comfortable with, that's the key.

I was watching the Kentucky Derby yesterday, and I was amazed at the number of ads selling bourbon. Normally this would be a trigger for me but I felt none of the usual cravings. Really happy about that, and no hangover today.

24 more please...

Comment

Good for you, Rava! Well done.

Thunder and lightning here this morning. Tessa is not liking it. She has always been afraid of the lightning. Lily on the other hand doesn't even seem to notice. Funny how that is.

Glad you are having such a good time with your sisters, Ginger!

Hoping for another day of wellness for all of us here.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Sunday Cafe. I’m too early for breakfast so I will have to skip today. Heading to the beach early this morning. Due to so many beaches still being closed due to the hurricane in September you have to get to the beach super early to get a parking space. Due to being sober, that will not be a problem. Our lunches were packed last night. All we have to do is suit up and get in the car. Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Keep up the good work everyone!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I see there were 3 very early risers this morning lol. I guess that means more breakfast for the rest of us haha.

Comment

Good job on your evening out [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and enjoy your day at the beach!

A bit later check in for me this morning as I came back to Veg last night. The boss took over for me early yesterday so that I could enjoy an evening off. It appears that we got a bit of rain last night here in Veg but not sure if we got any over at the farm. Just waiting for a text from Corey to see if I get the day off or have to head back over.

Comment

Quick check. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24. Great breakfast Cowboy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hope that you enjoyed your day at the beach Rava! I grew up in New England and the ocean was never far away. I have so many good memories of spending the day on the beach. Sometimes I really miss it.

24 more please...

Comment

Working...
                                X