~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, I would love to go to an event like that! I've always loved draft horses and used to go to the county fair to see them when I was a kid. The James Herriot books cover the subject of the draft horses and how farm machinery rather suddenly replaced them. "Progress" has its downsides. I suppose you remember reading Herriot's observations on the draft horses as well.

Ginger, the civic center sounds great! Is it pretty close to where you live?

Techie, wonderful news!

Rava, how did your procedure go?

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

That's fantastic news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hopefully it'll be the same news far into the future.

We don't have any wildfires close to us [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but we sure have the smoke and burnt smell as well. Red colored sun just like in the pic you posted on Facebook, which was a great pic by the way! It's so dry here that we have to use the front and rear windshield wipers on the tractor to keep the dust off!

Sounds like a fun day on Sunday for you guys [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it would be interesting to watch for sure.

Hope your eye procedure went well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. All is well with the eyeball! Few laser zaps and should be back to normal. Techie, so glad your results were good! I’m sure that’s a relief. Ginger, hope those wildfires get under control!! Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

The civic center is maybe 10 minutes away, Dill. They have different kinds of exercise 5 days a week.

Jude, that sounds like a great day! Enjoy those giant ponies.

Glad there's no fires close, ABC. Sounds like you guys could really use some rain!

Rava, glad the procedure went well. To me, any procedure on the eye is scary no matter how simple.

Hi to Mul and Techie I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, I love all of the James Herriot books and have read them many times. I used to own percheron draft horses, and it was a blast to hook them up and go for a drive down country roads. I do miss them, but not the work or expense involved.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Oh my goodness, Jude! I'm super impressed that you owned Percheron draft horses at one time! I will not say that I am envious because I know how much work and expense was involved and that is I more than I would want to take on. But I bet those wagon rides were wonderful and the moments of peace you felt while standing near those fine creatures and grooming them are unforgettable.

I heard someone on a podcast talking about a C.S. Lewis book called, The Four Loves. It's about the different kinds of human love. I am going to start on that today.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:43am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Last night I struggled with wanting to drink. Thought about it long and hard and decided it was not worth the hangover, so happy to be waking up sober and accountable. The beast almost got me. Sneaky little f—ker! Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Solo next few days as Mrs Techie is in Denver. So, another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good job staying away from the booze Rava! That alcohol voice is so cunning. Ugghh!

Sounds like an interesting book dill, let us know what you think of it.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

4:46am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time for breakfast on this very smoky Sunday morning!

Comment

Great job on flexing those sober muscles [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning. Looks like I’m first for breakfast! Thanks Cowboy, pass the hot sauce please. Waking up sober and drinking a cup of coffee. Peaceful and quiet morning. Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X