~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Just realized I haven't been on here in over a week! A bit busy lately traveling out to Hope and helping my mom with some yard work etc. out here. Weird weather these days too, so hot last week (and even got a bit of [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]'s Alberta smoke) and then suddenly feels almost like back in winter with the cold & rain. While all the flowers and bloom in Vancovuer are nice, it's also nice to get back into some real untapped nature again, a gorgeous mountain view, or just sitting by a river out in the wilderness with no-one else around.
    Last edited by Mulburry; May 23, 2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Mulburry, it sounds so beautiful where you live!

Busy day ahead, but at least it keeps me from drinking. It's amazing how productive we are when we put down the bottle.

Sounds like you're really busy cowboy, but glad that you got another night in veg.

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

4:44am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Gorgeous day here but we sure could use some rain. Looks like Mr. D is going to have to water his garden.

24 more for all of us here, pls and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Enjoy your time with your gkids [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

The smoke finally started to clear up yesterday here [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and it's looking pretty good outside this morning. It's nice to breathe fresh air, but it's nothing like fresh mountain air!

Sounds like a productive day ahead of you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] without having to stop for a drink or two.

It looks like we had 3/10's of rain out here at the farm [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Had to wait till 10:30 yesterday morning for the ground to dry enough to start seeding again.
            Last edited by abcowboy; May 24, 2023, 05:51 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Spent yesterday with some of the family and heading south to see another daughter. Really like having this change of pace and scenery. It’s a good day not to drink! 24 more please and thanks!

Comment

Agreed! It's a good day not to drink. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Cooler weather here. So, I will happily take another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Mr. J's son and wife had a baby yesterday, so Mr. J went to N. Carolina to help out. Normally I would be having intense cravings for wine while he was away, but thankfully it hasn't happened. So grateful for that.

24 more for all us please...

Comment

4:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sounds like exciting times for the son and daughter-in-law [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], is it their first? No need for wine, you have lots of time to go to as many meetings as you want!

Comment

Good morning and congrats to Jude and Mr Jude. Hope all is well with everyone. We are still in a hotel until tomorrow. It literally poured rain all day yesterday so I watched Queen Charlotte which I loved. Gonna see the kids today and head back tomorrow. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Congrats, Jude. Sounds like your meetings are really strengthening those abstinence muscles!

Headed to see SIL for the long weekend. This visit will include me setting up her new laptop and any other tech stuff that needs doing. No wine allowed! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Hugs and congratulations Jude. Another wonderful 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in today for me. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X