~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], this is their second child; they also have a three year old daughter. Lots of excitement in the house right now for sure! I wish that I could be there but having a house full of critters keeps me from going.

The meetings are going well, but sometimes I can't be there in person, so I attempted a zoom meeting. It's better to be in a roomful of people, but the online meetings are definitely more convenient. Either way, it seems to be working for me, as the cravings are farther and farther apart, and my life is getting better with each passing day.

Looking forward to another 24...

Comment

4:42am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude, I am so glad those meetings are helping you so much. I think it would help me too, but yet I can't seem to make myself try it. The things that are holding me back a the same things that have always been stumbling blocks for me. The first is fear that anonymity will be breached. Also, fear that my family and friends would find out. I have kept my issues with alcohol hidden as much as possible. The only person who knows the truth is Mr. D. Then, there is just the practical aspect of distance and times not being convenient. I know that being with people face to face would be really valuable but I just can't overcome the cons.

I'm grateful I have you all.

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Dill, I feel the exact same. All is hidden and shameful. Ugh. I am also very thankful for this group and the privacy that it offers. We are currently now driving back home this morning from a wonderful week with some of our family. Mr. R. Has a few medical issues and seeing the doctor today thus we are coming back early. Wishing everyone a great weekend. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

At medical so I’ll read back later!!!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, it took me a very long time to go to my first AA meeting but I'm so glad that I did. Know one knows anyone else's last name and everything that is said in the meetings stays there. It's a shame that there is such a stigma attached to alcoholism in our society. Alcoholism is a disease with no cure, but it can be managed, and we should all seek help no matter what method we use.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Good morning. We are waking up to temps in the upper 60s which is a wonderful break from the upper 90s. I’m actually wrapped in a blanket drinking coffee. Lol. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Nothing planned for us except doing what we want. I will take another 24 please and thank you!! Cowboy, I will be waiting for tomorrows breakfast!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's been beautiful weather here lately with cool nights and warm, sunny days. No rain at all this week.

24 for all of us here please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good to see you back home safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hope Mr R's medical issues aren't too severe. And hopefully I'll have breakfast out before you check in tomorrow lol.

It doesn't matter what method we use, as long as it helps us stay away from the booze. I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to admit that they have alcohol problems, and for people to accept that there are people with alcohol problems, but that's the way it is. I do think that with the educating and awareness that is out there today, that situation is changing.

Corey let me get away a day early yesterday! We had another flat tire on the air drill and it wasn't going to be till late afternoon yesterday till someone was available to repair it. There were only 3 fields left to finish up so Corey said they could easily finish up today without me having to stick around. It was a year plagued with mechanical problems, seemed like something small to deal with every day, and a few more serious issues to deal with, but another seeding season is over. Time for me to relax for a few days, then start on a few jobs that I have lined up to keep me out of trouble this year lol.

Comment

Enjoying family time in Walla Walla. It was nice to read back.

Jude, I'm so happy you've found
                        aa and it's helping.

Techie, hope your medical stuff went well.

Rava, glad you had some family time and I hope Mr R's medical issues are resolved quickly!

Another seeding down, ABC! Seems like it was faster this year.

Dill, you're doing great, doing what you're doing. Boy! That was a lot of "doing". Ha! Are you in a small, rural area? If so, I can truly understand not wanting to put yourself out there! Anonymity is hard to come by in that setting.
                        I like the zoom meeting idea though. May check that out. It would be like here but with faces. I like faces

I'm up for another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. All good here. Beautiful day ahead. Another twenty four for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cowboy, sounds like you have a few days of relaxation ahead. Enjoy!

Today I'm taking my 99 soon to be 100 years old friend to a chicken BBQ and classic car show. It always amazes me that she is still active and loves to get out of the house.

It's going to be a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine and warm temperatures, and I'm truly grateful for that.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of peace.

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

Breakfast time!

Comment

Working...
                                X