~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy belated birthday, Jude. Glad it was quiet and booze free.

Im struggling again/still! It's just plain torture when 5p comes around and hubby pours his drink. Can you guys give me any tips, tricks to get me through that witching hour?

Techie, what's the event? I've never heard of that town but then again, I've not spent much time in southern CA. Hope all goes well!

Off to exercise and run errands with my little sis. She makes everything thing fun. Gosh I'm lucky to have her in my life!

I'm hoping for an easy 5p. 🙏

Comment

Ginger, it must be so hard having booze in the house when you're trying to stay sober. I've always been envious of people that can drink normally, but I'm starting to let those feelings go. Maybe you can print out a copy of the serenity prayer and stick it on your frig? It does seem to help me...

Praying for the folks in Quebec dealing with the wildfires lately. I woke up yesterday, and thought that one of my neighbors house was on fire. The air is thick with smoke, and the skies are a strange yellow color. People are advised to stay inside as the air quality is so bad. I have never seen this happen here, and I can't even imagine what it's like in eastern Canada. So grateful that wildfires are a rarity here, and keeping Canada in my thoughts today.

24 more for all of us please.

Comment

I'm sorry you are struggling, Ginger. I think Jude's suggestion was a good one. Also, maybe you could listen to a podcast such as the Bubble hour or do some AA readings during that witching hour? Recently Mr. D has taken up relaxing with a beer in the late afternoon. He never used to do that. So far it hasn't been too hard for me because I find that the smell of beer is unappealing to me now. In fact it's kind of repulsive to me.

24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's tough to go through [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but you can do it. Is this a time that you guys usually sit together, or is it just the fact of watching him pour his drink? My Uncle once told me if you can't remove the booze from the situation, then remove yourself. Time to get creative with some non-alcoholic drinks if you usually sit with him or try some things the others have mentioned.

Make sure you take precautions if you have to be out in the smoke [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it can be very bad for your health. It has to be unbearable for those who are close to the fires and the worry about losing everything has to be hard as well.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree, the wildfires are such a terrible tragedy. I don't recall this happening in the northeast but maybe I was just oblivious.

ABC, it's usually when we are sitting and watching the news. I'm extremely busy with hobbies, friends and family that I feel like I remove myself a little too much! However, I may try that a couple of nights just to see if it helps. If it does, I'll talk to hubby about it. I poured myself a big glass of ice tea last night when he got his drink and that seemed to help. I will definitely post the serenity prayer on the fridge. It's a wonderful affirmation to remind me to take it one day at a time!

Off for lunch with friends then over to work on my little sister's battery mower. I'm armed with tools and youtube!

I'll take another day like yesterday! Peace to all of you.

Comment

Late check in for me. Ginger I hear ya. Today I actually put a small bottle of wine in my grocery cart and walked around with it for a bit. I started thinking about all the calories plus not being able to drink just 1. I went back to the section and put it back. I’m going to honestly say that I am weak as all get out lately. Mr. R is basically a non drinker so I only have myself to blame. I don’t understand all this weakness lately. It’s like I just don’t care anymore but yet I do. Ugh. Hope everyone is having a good day. 24 more please.

Comment

Hang in there Ginger and Rava. I always had thoughts of drinking before having a full-blown relapse, but now is the time to nip it in the bud, not after. Try reading all of the quit lit that you can get your hands on. One of my favorites is a book called Lit by Mary Karr. It's a memoir of her life as an alcoholic, and well written. Just keep saying to yourself, "not today."

Still really Smokey around here, and there is an advisory to stay indoors, as the air quality is very bad. I think that I'll heed that advice as I've had some difficulty breathing these past few days.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Every day you go to bed without drinking is another day you showed how strong you can be. And that's a win!

Comment

Good morning. Thanks for the book recommendation Jude. I’m going to get it today. Hope everyone has a great day. Mr R and I have 2 doctor appointments. Glad I did not drink last night. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I didn't drink either, Rava. Running late for workout. I'll take one more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Last day of our event. Things went well. We leave for Costa Rica on Saturday. Another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in here as today was volunteering day and I had to leave the house early. Thanks for the book recommendation, Jude. I'll put it on my list.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote techie! Yesterday I did exactly that and took a much needed day of doing nothing.

Rava and Ginger, aren't you glad that you didn't drink? Life is so much more fulfilling without the booze!

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

Working...
                                X