~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe. Jude, I got the book from the library and will start it as soon as I finish my current book. Thanks for the recommendation!! Ginger, glad we are both hanging in there. No booze for me today! 24 more please and thank you. Ps. Techie hope you have a good time in Costa Rico.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's good to take time off every now and then. I have had a few days recently where I just didn't feel like doing anything and at first I felt a bit guilty but then I just settled into it! I gave myself permission to relax. Today I will give myself permission not to drink.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, Cowboy! Exact same time to the minute!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Exact minute is right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. I'm going to spend the day inside as well today, worked outside yesterday in the heat so a day in the house with the a/c on will be nice! Going to be in the 90's again today, and for a few more days by the looks of things.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to Costa Rica. Another 24. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm here and af! Of to golf. I'll take another day!

Comment

Seeing the news of all that smoke making it's way even all the way deep into the US is crazy. We've been pretty lucky here, got a bit smokey for a couple days last week but not too bad, and has mostly cleared now. There are more and more fires popping up in the area though, and aside from maybe a few showers tonight, it's supposed to stay warm and dry for the forseable future so it's probably only a matter of time. The fire season this bad, this early all over Canada really does seem unprecedented... and that's coming off a fire season last year that only ended late in October (which never happens). I'm just watching a TV show called Extrapolations about the future in relation to climate change, and the first episode is all about wildfires being everywhere, and I'm thinking, that isn't the future, that's right now, lol. Sometimes the way the world is headed makes you just want to burry yourself in a vat of booze... but not today.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], yes it's crazy about all of these wildfires happening in so many places. The smoke is finally clearing here, but it was kind of scary for awhile. I can't even imagine what it's like being close to the fires. Quebec is 400 miles north of us, and it was bad enough here, but it must have been horrendous there.

The AA meetings are going well, and I'm slowly working on the steps. I'm finally finding some peace, and somehow I feel as though I'm starting a new life.

It's a good day not to drink, so I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Jude, I really appreciate you sharing your AA experiences here with us. I am truly happy for you finding contentment and peace.
                      Techie that was a fascinating bit of information about what the human eye can take in. I wonder if the eye used to be able to take in some of the other 99% but proved unessential to survival in the world and was eliminated over thousands of years. Or if the eye is yet to evolve to be able to take in another percent or two in the coming milion years.

Speaking of Costa Rica, the woman who helps me clean the house is taking a mission trip to,,,,,Costa Rica. She shared pics of a previous trip. Beautiful! She was all excited. By the time I see her again she will have more pictures and stories to share.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Not today.
                      Dill

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We're dealing with smoke again here, special statements out from the government on air quality. I have a feeling this is going to be a reoccurring problem all summer and into the fall.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I have been seeing pictures and reading about the smoke. Sounds bad for so many. We are just dealing with excessive heat and drought. Hopefully since it’s rainy season the rains will come and fill up our lakes and ponds. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Hi Mul, always good to see you check in. I don't have Apple+. If I did, I'd watch Extrapolation. Sounds interesting.

Nothing too exciting around here. May take the jeep to the mountains. Looks kinda weathery up there so may wait. Every once in awhile, I just need a mountain fix! I'm due.

Hubby hasn't had a drink the last 4 days since we talked about triggers. I know this may not last for him but it sure has been nice for me to not have it in my face at 5p everyday. I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                                Techie that was a fascinating bit of information about what the human eye can take in. I wonder if the eye used to be able to take in some of the other 99% but proved unessential to survival in the world and was eliminated over thousands of years. Or if the eye is yet to evolve to be able to take in another percent or two in the coming milion years.
                                Ya it's definitely interesting stuff. Also the fact that what we see is not at all what's actually out there, it's just our brain's way of interpreting certain energy waves. It's kind of fascinating to consider that what we see out there (a sunset, a beautiful landscape etc.) would not actually exist, in that form, if we didn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X