No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever sent the rain THANK YOU! It started raining yesterday afternoon and has continued on and off till this morning and supposed to continue till late this afternoon. About 7/10's so far and hoping for more. It came at a good time as I thought I'd have to fill Bubba's rain barrel from the outside tap on the house, but rain water is so much better for everything.

Off this morning to put in the pex piping for the in-floor heat in that new farm shop. I don't mind having to wear a hoodie today to keep warm, and it'll be pleasant hearing the rain fall on the roof as we're working.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe. I’m back with my tail between my legs. I went to bed last night at 8 pm and slept all night. Emotionally and physically wrecked. I feel so much better this morning. Going to the gym and starting back on a routine. I had no triggers that tempted me to drink like a sailor. That’s the scary part. My husband is so understanding and loyal and I hate myself for being a sneaky wife. The video was awful and I witnessed myself not being able to string two words coherently together. I hope this video stays in my head forever. Yesterday I wanted to die and today I am hopeful. So glad this place is here. I went thru the tool box and reading the book Lit so my arsenal is deep. Sober tik tok is also somewhat helpful. Thanks for listening and understanding. 24 more please.

Comment

I don't imagine you'll be able to "unsee" that video, now that you have seen it, Rava. I once heard a snippet of myself speaking on an audio recording while drinking. I was stunned at how my speech sounded. I wasn't very drunk, but it was definitely "mushy" sounding. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you can keep on keeping on. I know exactly what you are going through.

Mr D and I have a bit of respite today as my brother and SIL took everyone to King's Island for the day. (it's a theme park with rides and such) Tomorrow will be our last full day with everyone and we will be having a grill out. What a jam packed week it has been!

24 more, pls and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Headed back to Walla Walla for a couple days.

Rava, thinking of you!

I'll take another day!

Comment

A quick hello from The Jungle. Will catch up soon. We get home next Tuesday. 24 more please!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              Whoever sent the rain THANK YOU!
              You're welcome! We shipped it up to you from the coast! We may even send you some more over the next week!

Comment

Rava, I like cowboys idea about saving the video, then watching it again when you feel the urge to drink. Mr. J once told me that I was really obnoxious when I drank. Normally I'm a pretty quiet person, so this came as a real shock to me. Most of us are definitely not ourselves when we drink, and not in a good way. Get back on the horse and ride like hell away from that bottle of booze!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to hear from you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hope you're enjoying your time in Costa Rico.

Have a safe trip and have fun in Walla Walla [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

It was probably nice to have a quiet day [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and I bet the grilling with everyone will be fantastic.

Thanks for the much needed rain [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], more next week would be great.

I changed my mind about hearing the rain on the tin roof, it rained so hard at times yesterday that you have to be standing right beside the person to be able to be heard over the noise of the rain, but the day went well and I'm done there till the cement gets poured and then cures for a while. Our second oldest daughter flew in from Vancouver and arrived here late last night. She's off to Vermilion later today to visit with her mom, then coming back to spend Father's Day and Monday with us.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the support. I deleted the video due to shame but it is ironed into my brain the way I looked and acted. Absolutely disgusting. Started listening to Annie Grace Podcasts This Naked Mind. She has like 600 of them so I have plenty to listen to. Cowboy, hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. Ginger, have fun in Walla Walla. Dill, glad you are enjoying your family time! Hi Techie and Mulburry and Jude. This is going to be a good day to not drink. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Correct! This is a good day NOT to drink.

Comment

Yes, a very good day not to drink!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick check in. Another 24 please. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Looks like the rabbits ate most of the eggplant and broccoli out of the garden. Hubby put up a fence and will be heading off to the farmers market to get more plants.

Another 24 please...

Comment

To quote the great Looney Tunes comic character, Elmer Fudd: "Those wascally wabbits!" Jude, I hope you and Mr. J succeed on round two.

My brother and SIL leave today. As much as the commotion of so much company this past week has made me a bit flummoxed at times, I am really sad to see them go. It's been a wonderful visit.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X