No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Sorry about your plants Jude. Those rabbits ruin everything. Our rabbits ate so many of our flowers that we had to research what they didnt like and planted those. Today I’m hanging out with a non drinking close friend to thrift shop and eat lunch. Looking for a nice alcohol free day. Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, enjoy your day!

Jude, sorry about those rabbits. Reminds me of a video I saw recently. The guy finally made a garden just for the critters and they stayed away from the one that he had fenced. Win/win lol

We are here in Walla Walla but no drinking today for me! The wine flows like water here at my sil. I came to set up her new computer and fix her frost free spigot. Both were a success! Now she wants a screen door Installed so headed to home depot! She was married 40 years and her husband did everything around the house. I'm helping her learn to do things herself. She's feeling very accomplished!

Techie, had to down that post! Thanks for the reminder.

In thankfulness, I'll take another!

Comment

Another quick check in. 24 please. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Fathers day to all of the dads in the cafe!

Mr. J is going away next weekend, and thoughts of drinking have returned. Off to a meeting so that I can put the kabash on these cravings.

Dill, glad that you enjoyed your time with your brother and sil! Wish that my siblings were closer, and that I could see them more often.

Looking forward to another sober day.

Comment

Jude, I too wish my brother lived closer. Having him here for the week, and all the activities we enjoyed with his sons and their families, filled the house with a laughter, a familiarity and comfort that has been lacking for some time. My son enjoyed his cousins once again and his children got to meet the family they are a part of and they seemed really pleased to do so. I find myself missing my bro and sil this morning. As to your hb going away and the beast calling out to you, I feel fairly confident that your AA groups will see you thru. Have you settled on one that you feel to be your home group?

Lily has some pink patches formed on her nose and the vet has no more idea than I do as to what they might be. Her best guess is that it might be sunburn. Lily has a pinkish nose and those types of dogs tend to have more sun sensitivity. So, we are going to start applying baby sunscreen to the dog's nose everyday. I'm pretty sure that will be a struggle session for the first few times.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's.

Ginger, you sound like a really handy person to have around! I bet your sil appreciates all your help.

Rava, are the plants that the rabbits don't like pretty? Do you like them?

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; June 18, 2023, 06:00 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:09am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for some breakfast!

Comment

to Mr. & Mrs. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] !

Comment

Happy anniversary, Dill!

It was a good visit with sil and the projects were a success. Next time I go, we will be in stalling a variable speed switch for her ceiling fan.

Dill, my first husband and I owned a construction co. I worked along side him for a few years. It's served me well over the years.

Softball tournament for granddaughter today. Starts at 8a. I better get in gear! I'll take another day!

Comment

Happy anniversary dill! I do have a home group in a nearby town, and I also have a sponsor. She has been instrumental in helping me work through the 12 steps. Those recent thoughts of drinking have taken a hike, and I'm so grateful for that.

Hope that all of you Dad's in the cafe enjoyed your day yesterday!

One day at a time, so here's to another 24!

Comment

Thanks Cowboy for remembering our anniversary! 46 years! Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes. We had a low key but enjoyable day.

Looks like we have some rain coming our way.

Hope everyone has a good AF day!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We had heavy rain and storms all day yesterday. We needed it so I’m happy. Heading north this week and tossing around the idea of buying a small home near our kids for the summer months and holiday weeks. Not sure I want to complicate my life but also miss the grands. We do not want to sell our florida condo. Renting has been our option so far but the costs are crazy. Of course buying a small house is also crazy. Now we would be back to 2 homes. Tossing around if I just need to visit more by plane and rent a car. Feeling conflicted right now. Mr R will do whatever I want so that’s not an issue. Ended up getting up at 5 am today with my brain swirling. Lots to do today in prep for the long drive from hell. Wishing everyone a wonderful and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

That's a big decision for sure [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm sure you'll make the right one once you weight out the pros and cons.

We've been getting lots of rain over the past couple of days, we sure needed it though. Looks like another rainy day in store for us and it's the last day that Brandie will be here as she heads for Adam and Darcie's later today so I'll spend it at home with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X