~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Back home and busier than ever. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for the info cowboy, it's sad to see our numbers dwindling here on myo.

Sitting on my back porch listening to the birds waking up. So peaceful.

Looking forward to another 24...

Comment

That's great to know we have a fall back, Cowboy. Thanks for creating it. I have a question. I was going through the registration process and when I got to the profile name I was unsure what to write. Should that name be "Dill" as it is on here? I hesitate to use my real name.

I hope your journey north runs smoothly, Rava.

Good to have you back, Techie!

24 more hours of freedom for all of us please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION]68 [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], use your "user name", not your real name if you don't want to.

Have a safe rest of your trip today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. On the road again. 5 hours today and 4 tomorrow. Actually it’s been great so far. The last time we did the trip 20 hours straight since I had covid. Breaking it up has made it better. Hope everyone is having a Good Friday. I’m so happy being sober. My whole outlook on life is better. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Not sure what going on but I keep losing my login and have a heck of a time getting back in. To the point I give up and get on with my day.

I'm out here af though!

Comment

Today is my dear friends 100th birthday, and her family is throwing a big party for her. There will be lots of booze flowing, but I feel strong in my quit, so no drinking for me. Not today.

I'm so grateful for my sobriety, and I'll happily accept another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

I successfully registered on the wqd website Cowboy. It's great to have a back up plan. When I have time I am going to do a bit more exploring over there.

I wonder why you are having issues logging in, Ginger. After reading your post I decided to get registered on wqd.net

You'll definitely enjoy the celebration of your friend more if AF, Jude. No doubt.

Your trip sounds quite enjoyable being broken up into shorter segments, Rava. And also hangover free!

I have been watching a series on PBS called Endeavor. This is its last season and I am going to miss it when it's done. The first episode of the season has the main character returning to his home and work after a long stay in an alcohol treatment facility. The series was set in the 60's so he has to deal with the embarrassment and shame of not being able to drink "responsibly". All unspoken, but so pervasive. The writers did a marvelous job of depicting his loneliness and isolation while he is dealing with his situation. He needed a support group like MWO or AA, but none were available. I guess the episode his close to home.

Not today.
                    Last edited by dill; June 24, 2023, 06:01 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Have you tried clearing your history and cache [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Maybe give that a try and see if it helps.

Wow, 100 years old! When I was drinking I didn't think I'd see 65 and probably won't see 100 lol.

I see you made it to the backup site [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It isn't quite as fancy with all the bells and whistles because it's a free website, but it'll work if it's every needed.

We're off to Sherwood Park today to use up the last of our moose meat trimmings. Going to make 50lbs of sausage, 25 of mild Italian, and 25 of garlic, and the rest into hamburger. So tomorrow my day will be busy with smoking the sausage and getting it vacuum packed ready for the freezer.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Cowboy, wow you are gonna be busy with all that moose meat. Busy day for sure. Jude, hope you have a good time at your friends 100th birthday celebration! Today is the last day of our drive. We have 4 hours to go and we are there. We actually ate at a sports bar yesterday which was attached to the hotel. I can happily say we had cokes. No way I could travel and drink. We hit a rainstorm on the most complicated part of the trip yesterday in Norfolk, VA. It was terrifying. People were passing each other like idiots, certainly scared the crap out of both of us. There was no where to pull off. Today weather looks good. Wishing everyone a great day. Maybe one time for breakfast we can have some moose sausage! :yay::yay:

Comment

I'll try that, ABC. Right now, I'm just having to log-in each day. In the past I was able to stay logged in. Not a deal breaker for sure, just annoying.

Rava, safe travels on this last leg. Enjoy those grands!

Jude, enjoy the party!

Waves, Dill!

Packing for the trip. Had to build another catio for this 5th wheel because we left the other one in AZ. It's almost done then Cyrus's litter box can be out there! Lol I'll take another day 🙂

Comment

Wow cowboy! That's a lot of meat! Sounds like you won't run out of food anytime soon.

The birthday party was great, and even though there were pitchers of beer and wine everywhere, I did not drink. Had I done so, I would never have been able to be present for this special woman.

Looking forward to another af day...

Comment

That's great you had a good time celebrating your friend, Jude. Congrats on passing on the beer and wine!

No plans here today except to enjoy this lovely summer day.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X