~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yummy! what's going in those cabbage rolls? the other day I made a Hungarian style gulasch and served it on top of steamed savoy cabbage with creme fraiche.. and i must say, it was delish!
    do you have fresh peaches, Wildflowers? where are you living? and you, Dill?
    I'll bring some vanilla ice cream!
    24 more here, please!
    Last edited by lifechange; August 9, 2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Okay, what kind of cabbage rolls [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], sauerkraut, beet leaf, or cabbage? What kind of filling do you use? Not that I'm fussy, I like'em all!! Maybe I should dring along some kubassa for the meat lovers lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Count on me to bring the mashed potatoes and take another 24. (Goodness - I'd love to do this in person.) Hugs to all!
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Cowboy and LC, it's cabbage leaves stuffed with a ground beef/rice mixture, topped with sweet/tangy tomato sauce. Served with home grown corn on the cob. But mashed potatoes would be a great addition, Marylou! And finishing off with Wildfower's peach pie a la mode....what could be better?!:welldone:

We do have peach trees in our little orchard, but the weather didn't cooperate with us this year. We had a hard freeze at the wrong time, unfortunately!
          [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I am curious if you got my PM? You asked about Mario and I responded to you by PM.
          Last edited by dill; August 9, 2017, 05:46 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 for me. Thought of writing myself a note to my future self that wants to go get some beer . What did this accomplish? What am I missing out on? Spring is coming and warming up. Need to look into exercise more and get off my fat slim ass
            Last edited by Neo; August 10, 2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

4:30 in Vegas another 24 for me and my friends here please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“The inspiration you seek is already within you. Be silent and listen.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy
                Last edited by abcowboy; August 10, 2017, 07:19 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I got tired just reading about those long hours Mr V! lol

If you posted at 4:30am Pauly, what time did you get up?? It takes me at least a half an hour to get coffee, take Hank out, do my daily readings, then log on! And if you're anything like Bubba, it takes you longer to sit down once you get out of bed lol.

Those sound like the cabbage rolls my mom used to make dill! The area where we live was settled by Ukrainians back in the very early 1900's, so nobody around here calls them cabbage rolls, it's holupchi (spelling?), and they are always made with sauerkraut or beet leaves and filled with rice and small pieces of bacon. Either way, very tasty!

Wildflower, about the only fruit trees we have up here are apple, crabapple, and a few assorted berry trees/bushes. The Saskatoon berry crop was dismal this year, but it's looking like a bumper crop of apples on our tree!

Goulash is one of our favourites as well lifechange, usually served on a bed of sauerkraut!

As Marylou said, it would be wonderful to share a potluck supper with all of you here! Time and distance makes that near on impossible, but we have a home in MWO. We share a common problem that not many people understand unless they have it as well, and that's why this place is my second home, and y'all are my second family! Have a great day, wherever you are, and no quitting on your quit eh!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 10, 2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Room temps in the great outdoors again and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Dang I'm hungry! The food sounds so good, love cabbage rolls and goulash! The cooler weather here puts me in the mood, too! LC, the few times I've traveled through Germany, mostly Bavaria, I ate my fill of goulash soup!
                      One of these days, some of might actually meet up, lol. I know the Army group has had several, and my friends at OYNB, schedule regular meet-ups.
                      Thanks for the PM's Cowboy and Dill, I'm not used to looking for those, lol.
                      Ended up working yesterday, but no work today, yea!
                      24 more please, for all of us.

Comment

It's amazing how a few AF 24 hours helps. Please, I want and need 24 more. Thank you!...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] this is the only way I've made cabbage rolls. I'm sorry about your peach trees. My Nana and Papa use to have trees and canned hundreds of jars. I miss those days! Didn't realize there were other recipes [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Going to try using beet leaves next time. [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] thank you for bringing ice cream. :smile: It's hot in Oregon so ice cream makes it better. [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] thank you for rounding out our potlock with mash potatoes. They are so good and comforting. [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] wished we could all meat up too. Hope it's a good AF day for all of you lovely people. :love:
                        Last edited by Wildflowers; August 10, 2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Another 24 please. Might have something like eggs or omelette for tea. Had salad sandwich for lunch and bought some magnesium tablets instead of powder. Will see how it goes

Comment

Neo I like magnesium glycinate the best as its calming 4:43 am in Vegas another 24 Cowboy I usually grab a coffee straight outta bed,open mwo on my phone and check in here first thing, have a great AF day all
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just about 8 am here in Jersey, room temps and sunny again. Another day in paradise. Committing to another 24.

So, was in court yesterday. Got pulled over for an out headlight a few weeks ago and it turned out I had warrants for not showing up to court for a seat belt ticket from 2001 and no insurance in 2003. Took me 20 minute to post bail and walk out that night since I had been hanging out with friends and fortunately had offered to drive a friend I had just met home. He grabbed the money from my account to post.

Judge's first question was where I had been for 14 years which, at that time, I was working around the corner and hadn't run into the difficulties with my drinking yet. After speaking with the prosecutor it got knocked down to just not having my insurance card since after discussion I raised the question why this didn't come up when I got arrested for the DWI back in '07. Now, of course, have to trouble my friend to go to the court to pick up the 500 bucks. Uncomfortable with troubling people to do things for me. Had to chuckle cause the judge tacked on a contempt fee! Not sure what I could've done to get that unless it was for the 14 years.

Still a question in my mind if there wasn't just some clerical error but .... kept calm, resolved the issue and can laugh about it.
                              Last edited by Orimus; August 11, 2017, 07:13 AM.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Morning all, a cup of Joe please, still full from yesterday, lol.
                                Pauly, I too get up, make coffe, sit in my sun room and sign in to MWO first thing, even before checking e-mails. Never heard of Magnesium glycinate, I'll have to check it out.
                                Work tonight, so very little chance of turning today into a ticket to boozville.
                                24 more for me and my friends please.

Comment

Working...
                                X