No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a 1/2" of rain yesterday, and more forecast for today so it's a bit muggy here as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's a fine day not to drink!!! I'll take another. Now, to enjoy this brekkie, ABC.

Comment

Yummy breakfast, Cowboy! Thank you!

Muggy here, too and we got lots of rain overnight: 1.25 inches. It was lovely to hear the rain falling in the wee hours of the morning.

I made a big pot of mashed potatoes earlier in the week and we had a few servings leftover. It was just enough to make some potato pancakes for breakfast. Yum.

I am so excited for you to meet your new ggd, Ginger!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, the smoke from the Canadian wildfires was pretty bad here the last couple of days. It makes me grateful that we don't have to deal with it very often.

Still going to AA meetings and doing well, so I will gladly accept another 24 hours.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Volunteer board meeting today for me. The weather is supposed to be really nice so I'm going to be chaffing at having to sit indoors in a windowless room, but fortunately, the meetings don't usually last more than an hour.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good, beautiful morning! The kids got out of town later than planned yesterday so meeting ggd today and I'll get to see everyone at the BBQ today. No AL for me! I need to be present now more than ever!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to golf. Happy 4th of July while I include another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

“Insanity is not doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results; insanity is doing the same thing over and over again knowing full well what the results will be.”

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope that you all have a whiz bang day! :celebrate:

It's great to be sober so, "not today."

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

to my American friends!

Comment

Good morning and happy 4th of July. Had a crazy couple of days and somehow forgot to post, we checked into our condo and it was a complete nightmare, not at all like the pictures on line. The furniture and rugs were dirty and stained. We put beach towels over the furniture just to sit down. We were made aware that the bedroom ceiling was full of green mold. I went ballistic and went up the rental company ladder. To make a long story short, we spent one night in that mold trap before the rental company moved us to a much nicer place and they are paying the difference. So all turned out well after I had to become a jackass. We now have a beautiful view and a clean condo. I hope everyone has a great and sober day.

Comment

Good grief, Rava! Didn't something similar happen before? I'm glad you climbed that ladder. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for the reminder, Techie. Ain't it the truth?! Jude, yours was a good reminder too!

Thank you, ABC. I love the USA 🇺🇸 but Canada is definitely a very close second. 😍

Got to meet sweet ggd, Madi. She is a precious miracle. They will be here for a month. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with all of them. No time to waste on AL. I'll take another!

Comment

So glad you got to meet precious Madi, Ginger. Enjoy every minute you have with her.

Rava, what a nightmare! Glad you were able to straighten out that mess and land in a better place.

Thank you for the holiday greeting, Cowboy.

No special plans here. Just looking out for the dogs. Tessa is afraid of fireworks but Lily doesn't mind them one bit. Still we'll keep a close eye on them both tonight.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Rava, I couldn't even imagine spending a night in a place like that! Good thing that you were persistent and insisted on a different condo.

Had a nice cookout with some friends yesterday, and of course there was plenty of booze around. There were a few tempting moments, but I managed to squash those urges and had a great time.

Gratefully looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X