~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Having technical difficulties here so I haven't been able to check in until now. Coming to a close on another 24 hours of freedom.

I should be able to get online in the morning tomorrow. We had a storm last night that somehow affected our router. But we didn't suspect that was the problem because Mr. D's computer accessed the internet just fine. Only mine was not able to get online. We took mine to a shop today and dropped it off to be looked at. Came home and dug out Mr. D's old laptop for me to use while mine is in the shop. Then we couldn't get that one to connect to the internet! So Mr. D decided maybe the problem was the router. He reset it and voila! The router was the problem. Don't know if I had to even take my laptop in to be looked at!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I made a new friend in AA the other day, and we're going for a hike after the meeting today. I feel as though a whole new world is opening up for me!

Ginger, that's a lot of extra weight you're carrying, but I think that it's great that you take Cyrus on your walks. I bet that he really enjoys it.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

That's wonderful that you have made a new friend and especially one with whom you share such an important bond. Enjoy your hike!

Cowboy, it really struck me as odd that you live way up north in Alberta but you and Bubba stay indoors in the AC all day! I always think of Canadian air as being cool and fresh. What do you set the thermostat on? We put ours on 70-72 in the summer.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great having sober friends [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], enjoy your hike today!

It gets pretty hot up here during the summer [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Long stretches of the temps in the high 80's and 90's. In the summer we set the thermostat at 74, and in the winter it's set at 70. Because the house is a bilevel the upstairs gets pretty hot during the day so the a/c runs most days.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry I have been quiet but I needed a bit of recovery time. I was on a run a few weeks ago. A car with several young guys drove by and fired a paintball at me. It hit my face very close to my eye. In fact it caused me vision problems that have fortunately cleared. When it occurred, I actually thought I was shot. They do pack some considerable power.

The good new is that a cyclist behind me was using a Go Pro and his camera caught the vehicle and its license plate. I did file a full police report. I meet with the kids parents tonight and that will determine my decision to press charges or not. I will let you know. I am doing fine and just returned from a long run.
                Last edited by techie; July 8, 2023, 11:52 AM. Reason: Typo
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Geez techie, I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I would definitely press charges against these kids. Not to be mean, but I think that young people need to realize that such actions have consequences. You could have lost your vision permanently, but fortunately you seem to be on the mend.

Gratefully looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

I hope you will not feel badly if you do decide to press charges, Techie. It is sometimes the best thing to do even though it is difficult. If there are no consequences to an action, the action or something similar will likely take place again. It's a learning experience for the youngster. I had wondered why you had been so quiet lately. I'm glad you have recovered at least physically from the ordeal.

Jude, I hope you enjoyed your hike with your new sober buddy.
                    We spent all day yesterday canning green beans. We ended up with 18 pints and 4 quarts. We used our electric instapot/canner which doesn't hold as many jars at one time as the old fashion pressure canner, but it is a much easier process over all.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Feeling hungry this morning, so a big breakfast today!

Comment

Good thing it didn't hit you right in the eye [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hope things get back to normal soon.

I think green beans are my favorite vegetable [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], next would be corn on the cob or potatoes lol.

Comment

Running late! I'm here and want another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I decided not to press charges. The kid was truly remorseful and the Mother in tears. However, the dad was a first rate asshole. He tried to impress me with how important he is. If I could, I would have gladly pressed charges on him. Another factor was realizing that kids do stupid things, I did my share. Another 24 please. Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy. Thank you all for your continued support. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Sitting on the porch listening to the rain and enjoying my coffee.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Working...
                                X