Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sounds like the right call, Techie.

Cowboy, thanks for that breakfast yesterday. I'm afraid I ate more than my share, especially of the mushrooms!

Our big dog Tessa has not been doing well lately and today for the first time she did not get up and show enthusiasm for her breakfast. We will have to get her in to the vet today.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sure hope it's nothing serious with Tessa [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but she is getting up there in age if I remember correctly?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just read back! Techie, I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a traumatic experience. Wow!

Dill, please post back re: Tessa. How old is she? Sending prayers.

Jude, I love that you feel the way you do about AA and the friends you are making there. It is priceless!

ABC, thanks for brekkie yesterday!

We've had stormy weather! Thunder, lightening and rain the last 24hrs. Cyrus sat in the open window during the storm, not bothered a bit. He's no scaredy cat! 😉

I'm here and ready for another day!

Comment

Dill, please keep us posted as to how Tessa is doing. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day.

24 more please!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sorry I have been MIA. Not drinking just busy on vacation. Techie, wow just wow. I am so sorry this happened to you. If the kids father acted like an asshole, no wonder the kid did something like that. I feel sorry for the mother who has to live with that “important” man. Glad you are feeling better and it wasn’t worse. Dill, I hope Tessa is feeling better. Our rental refrigerator stopped working yesterday so our food is in coolers, what a vacation this has been!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

We had to say goodbye to our dear Tessa yesterday, not long after I posted. She was able to get up and take a few steps, but then had to lie back down. She was having trouble breathing and she was too weak to pick up her head. Her breathing was shallow and she was just staring vacantly. We said our goodbyes to her and she peacefully passed not long after. She is such a big dog that Mr. D had to use his tractor to dig a hole. We buried her under a maple tree by the pond. It's so hard to lose a pet. I've been tearing up off and on ever since. Lily is visibly confused and keeps looking for her. We got her from the shelter 11 years ago when she was one year old. She had 12 years and I'm grateful we got to share 11 of them with her. Thank you all for your concern and well wishes.

Rava, it's been one thing after another for you on this trip!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; July 11, 2023, 07:40 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I'm so sorry to read this. The loss is so great when we have to say goodbye to our beloved pets. I'm thankful you had each other those 11 years. _/\_ In time, will you get another pup?

I'll take another day!

Comment

Aww dill, I'm so sorry about Tessa. :hug: We wish that our pets could live forever, but sadly, that's not the case. I'm sure that she had a great life with you. My dogs are 12 now, and I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to them.

24 more please and thank you...

Comment

It will take time for us to get past the loss of Tessa. She was a steady and loving presence. She was fiercely protective, even as her age started catching up to her. We will likely not get another dog at this point in our lives. We adopted Lily a year ago in anticipation of losing Tessa. Lily has had a hard time these past few days trying to understand where her friend Tessa went. She is still searching for her, especially at feeding time.

My grandson is hoping to get his driver's license this summer. To that end, I have been riding along with him so he can practice driving. It's a bit nerve wracking!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

Such sad news about Tessa [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you have the memories and Lily to help get over the loss :hug: I'm sure you'll make a great driving instructor as well!

You're not having much luck with your rentals [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], any idea how long you'll be living out of coolers?

Comment

Morning Cafe. Dill I’m so sorry about Tessa. Losing a pet is so emotional. Cowboy, the refrigerator is fixed. We are good again. Have the g kids for another night. They are having the time of their life fishing. 24 more please!

Comment

Rava, glad the fridge debacle is behind you.

Dill, we've decided to just stick with Cyrus for now so I get not wanting a second dog. He's so much easier than a dog and equally entertaining!

Hi to all! I'll take another day freedom!

Comment

Working...
                                X