No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been spending quite a bit of time indoors [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], not so much to escape the heat but because of the wildfire smoke, it has been horrendous this past week! It's hard to believe how far that smoke travels.

I've not done much with the railroading since seeding [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but a bit since the last pics I took. Maybe I'll take some new ones and post them.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Cafe friends!

I?ve been MIA for a while but all is mostly good. I had a reminder this morning that today is a milestone, day 1,600 AF and I wanted to share.

Not much new. Like Cowboy, we?ve been hunkered down inside as the forest fire smoke has made the air almost chewable some days. The Calgary Stampede has been on all week, the 112th anniversary, and it attracts cowboys and tourists from around the world. Like many Calgarians, I don?t participate in the event. A tradition is pancake breakfasts and many businesses host parties, serving pancakes and sausages. My son the butcher made 1,900 sausages last week for one event. Liquor laws are relaxed so that partiers can have a beer with their breakfast starting at 7AM!

We?ve been considering a move, likely east to Nova Scotia. Our sons in Calgary are contemplating similar moves to simplify their busy lives. While I?m pleased with the increase in the value of our condo, I?m stunned at some outrageous asking prices elsewhere. I?ve noticed there are several senior friendly, 1 floor houses listed for sale and some are offered fully furnished, something to consider when moving across the country.

Both clubs I started in our building are doing well. I?m looking forward to an outing with the photography club next week, weather permitting. And there?s a ROMEOS supper next Wednesday. We?re up to 15 members which is just about right. Many of the restaurants we?ve gone to have never heard or Retired Old Men Eating Out and not only do they get a chuckle, they appreciate the business plus the fact we are finished before the supper rush.

Stay safe, stay well and of course AF!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; July 15, 2023, 07:45 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awww QW, always so good to see you stop by! Glad things are going pretty good for you and Mrs QW. Nova Scotia.... Mr G's maternal side hales from NS. I've always wanted to go there. Better get it on my list! Congrats on all those days and $ saved!

ABC, I'll be watching for those pics!

Nothing much going on around here! So.... I'll take another.

Comment

I guess I have done a bit more on the train setup. Added more campers, a building or two, and got the lake and beach finished up. You might have to blow them up to see the details.

Last edited by abcowboy; July 15, 2023, 01:10 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and model train lovers. Cool display, Cowboy. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Been MIA for a while, so just checking in! My brother has been up here at my Mom's place so there has been lot's going on (some excursions, hikes, going out for dinner etc.), plus some house repair issues have cropped up (thank god we got the air conditioning back though, man it's soooooo nice in this never ending heat). We are very lucky to not have the smoke that you Albertans are getting, very thankful for that. Hope everyone is well and living their best AF life!

Comment

Congrats on1,600 days QW! I've always wanted to visit Nova Scotia, and from all the pictures I've seen it looks like an absolutely gorgeous place to live.

Thanks for the pics of your train setup cowboy, it looks awesome!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Cowboy. It's really amazing! Is it portable? Could you take it to a train expo and share it? It could definitely win a prize! Best in show no doubt!

QW, so great to see you. Congrats on your huge milestone. You have done a fantastic job. Nova Scotia is beautiful. Mr. D and I took a trip there years ago and enjoyed every bit of it. We have fond memories.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's time for some breakfast!

Comment

It's great to see you again [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], glad you stop in from time to time to update us. Is this move a serious consideration, and what prompted it? Bubba and I have always wanted to see the east coast, maybe we'll get out there in the next couple of years.

No, it's not portable [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I wouldn't know where to begin to make it that way lol. And thanks for the compliments on it y'all. It is a good pastime for me and this coming winter I'll be adding another phase to it, just not sure what theme I'll use as I have so many I want to do lol.

Sounds like you're staying busy [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], that's always a good thing. The smoke we're getting is coming from all the fires in Northern B.C. and Alberta, looks like another day of heavy smoke in store for us.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Cowboy your model train display is amazing! So detailed. Mr. R. Started one and then we moved south. Now we have no room. Congrats QW on all your sober days!! That’s amazing, no matter how long I stretch it I always seems to take a step back. Hi to Mulburry and thanks for the nice quote Techie. Dill your green beans sound great, I like Dilly beans, in the store they are 7.00 a quart. I buy them occasionally as a treat! Hi to everyone on here and thanks for the amazing breakfast Cowboy! Hi to Ginger and Jude too! 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

ABC, I zoomed in on every pic. It's amazing. I would definitely get lost in that activity! I'll look forward to seeing additional progress!

Like Mul, we aren't getting the smoke here in Central Washington. In fact, we took a mountain loop drive and it was glorious! Ranier was out in her full glory!

I'll take another!

Comment

Awesome pic ginger! I could definitely live there!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Ginger that picture is beautiful! Looks like a post card! Heading down to the lazy river today with the family. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X