~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Have fun Jude. Another 24 hours please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], yup, it's 50 miles of garage sales on rte 90. It usually attracts a ton of people, and there are always good bargains to be had. Besides that, it's a lot of fun!

Still hot and humid, but tomorrow looks to be a little better.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Back to sunshine and normal temps here today. Bubba and I are headed to the Senior's Center this evening for supper and an evening of dancing. We've made friends with a few couples at the last couple of dances and sounds like they'll be joining us as well, so should be an enjoyable evening.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Once again we have a matching weather forecast, Jude! And speaking of miles lone garage sales, we have one in our area on US 40, aka National Rd. I've never been but a friend of mine goes annually and always has a great time. Enjoy!

Have fun at the dance, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Granddaughter turns 12 today! Where does the time go?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; July 29, 2023, 06:47 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. No cell service yesterday. Jude I hope that garage sale was fun. I would love to do that!! Stinking hot here and planning to make pickles with my daughter today, wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please!!

Comment

Jude, I hope that 90 miles of yard sale includes a food truck or two!

I wish us all an easy day! I know I'll take another.

Comment

We had fun at the garage sales yesterday, and Mr. J bought a ton of stuff that we really didn't need. Our car was jam packed by the time we left, but I still don't know where we are going to put all of the "stuff!"

Hope that you enjoyed your dinner and dance yesterday [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Sometimes it's just good to get out once in awhile.

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours...

Comment

My granddaughter enjoyed her birthday celebration yesterday and the weather cooperated with the plans. We had her party outside, with hotdogs on the grill and she opened her presents, then the cake and ice cream. Then she and her friends went to the local pool for a couple hours to swim. It was great to see her so happy.

Rava, did you make sweet pickles or dill? How did it go?

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

A little late with breakfast this morning

Comment

Sounds like quite a haul [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], now you get to go through it all again and find a place for it lol.

I'll bet your granddaughter enjoyed every minute of yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

How did the pickle making go [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? Hope it was dill pickles as I'm not much into sweet pickles haha.

The dinner and dance was a lot of fun even if we were out past bedtime lol.

Comment

Late check in! I tackled installing a smart stereo in the jeep so I can pull up a trail running map app when we are out exploring. I got a price for an audio store to install it, which came in at $650. I thought that was way more than the job was worth! Three and a half days later I finished the install and I can tell you.... I should have paid the stereo store. Lol It's done now but it's the last one I'll ever tackle!!! Bahaha

Sounds like your yard sale date was a success, Jude. Hubby made a haul but did you get anything?

Glad your gdaughter had a fun birthday, Dill. How long have we been hanging out in the Cafe? Seems like gdaughter should be around 8 or so! Time truly does fly.

Rava, how did those pickles turn out?

Yummy brekkie, ABC. Thanks!

We leave for the beach next Sunday for two weeks. Looking forward to cooler weather! Headed to "linner" with the family at a local burger joint that opened in our town in the 50s and is still owned by the same family. Best food ever! I'll take another day.

Comment

Happy Monday cafe!

I had some intense cravings yesterday that came out of nowhere. I played the tape forward, then looked into the past, remembering how miserable my life was while drinking. Thankfully it worked, and after a few minutes the urge was gone. So glad that I didn't cave, and am ready to tackle another day.

Here's to 24 more for all of us!

Comment

Jude, that's fantastic that you were able to get through those cravings and stay on track. I know it was an effort.

Ginger, my granddaughter is 12! I can hardly believe it.

Rava, when do you take possession of the new place? Will you be in it this season? I think it's so great that you have settled your living arrangements to your liking. I am fast forwarding to the holiday season. You'll be able to spend some quality time in comfort and ease at Christmas time.

That's great that you had fun at the dance, Cowboy. These days it doesn't take much to be "past bedtime" for us these days! Ha! "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!"

Doing a bit of driving practice with grandson today.

Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X