Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    A big WELCOME to all the newcomers, it's great to see you all here! Both [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9508]Ian[/MENTION]
    That's exactly what my nose spray is as well [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I'll give it the 3 months Doc wants me to, and hopefully we can get the situation resolved without surgery. Once I get those things under control it's off to the dentist to get new teeth, something else I'm not looking forward to lol.

I did try the nasal flush for a while [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] but it didn't seem to do anything, hence the visit to the Dr.
    I've been trying the flush on and off for a while too, but it also didn't seem to help, always gave me a headache after, and a few times I woke in the night feeling more sick after using it (maybe just a co-incidence). I hope the spray works for you Cowboy. For me this whole situation is getting extremely frustrating, have been dealing with this issue for over 2 years, have been mis-diagnosed and undiagnosed (by an ENT of all people) a bunch of times, and no treatments so far are working, maybe even making things worse. I also really thought quitting drinking (along with losing weight and getting generally healthier) would help with this, but it hasn't really. Anyways, more doctors appointments I guess (I'm also wondering if there's maybe still something systemically wrong or an issue with my immune system so I might try to see an immunologist/allergist).

P.S. I wanted to wait to make another update when I finally had some more positive news but I don't think that's forthcoming any time soon unfortunately, and since the topic happened to come up...

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
      Ah Startypants - it's like I was telling you before - that's exactly how I went. They loaded the work on and as you said I did not have have the energy or the drive to change things up and take on more responsibility any more. I had completely lost interest - I was just did not care any more at the end.
      They set me up as Project Lead and to be honest, like you, I did not want the responsibility and the prospect bored me to tears.
      I was not a project leader - I was a people person - but the 'human' interaction with employees was all but gone from Human Resources - and I hated that.

I've often wondered were they that clever to do it purposely - to set us up for failure - to get rid of some long termers. Happened to one of the guys too - he ended up out on stress leave for months.
      Thank you all for your wise words. It seems I am certainly not alone in my feelings which is comforting. Satz, I am beginning to wonder if they are pushing me hard so I leave. They did it to another friend of mine who is a bit older. Started micro managing her work until she left. I am the oldest female there and work part time and although they seem to like and respect me, who really knows. Its a business after all.

Anyway a few days off now so will try not to think of it if I can. Off out to lunch today which will be a nice treat after intermittent fasting for the last month. Hope I dont fall too far off the wagon :haha:

Have a lovely day everyone !

Comment

Mullburry, I am sorry you are going through that. I saw an allergist many years ago and they changed my life. I had a body covered with excema and hives, my breathing was poor. They found what I was allergic to and although I had to make drastic changes, it gave my body the break it needed to calm down and reset. Normal drs, dermatologists etc were useless at that time for me. Good luck

Comment

Good morning everyone

Sorry about what you are going through Mulberry. That?s very interesting Starty, enjoy your lunch out. Life gets in the way Satz, nice to be in a routine but I find during the summer, things are a bit chaotic.

I guess your county fairs are a bit like our agricultural shows? Bit of everything or do you have any livestock? The posh show is on in Dublin this week, called The Dublin Horse show. Mainly horse riding events but stands with everything and anything. I am going to the West of Ireland next week to the Connemara pony breeders show. My daughter has two Connemara ponies. She was meant to be competing but the new pony is not ready so we will go and watch. Other daughter did not make her flight, rail lines flooded (horrendous flooding in Norway) they were transferred to buses and she got checked in but too late to get her bag on the plane. She?s now trying to get on another flight. Always something, I?ll take another 24.

Comment

Ah what a pain your your DD [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].. still, a new memory and story to tell. Enjoy your time off, weather just right this week. I think 23 in Dublin today, thats creeping up a bit, so no hotter please weather god.

Took me ages to catch up here, its brilliant!! I wonder will [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION] find us (Am @@@ her on purpose :haha

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I have to read back as I missed whats causing you problems. Sounds very frustrating.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], love hearing about YS and his 'journey'. I know youll alwasy hold your breath somewhat, but he seems to be embracing this more than ever before, When does the new job start, Sept?
            When are you getting your new windows and doors??

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] good call. I think its worth flipping your thinking though, they likely wanted to you to take on this role as they knew you could do it better than anyone else. Not your bag though and theyll appreciate your honestly.
            Life is way too short. Mr M retiring this month (due to ill health, parkinsons, hes 57), so its all going on in the Cafe.

Another 24 hours, bring it on!
            Last edited by IamMary; August 10, 2023, 03:11 AM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Volunteer day here so this is just a quick check in before I head out. I hope everyone has a wonderful day of freedom.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Satz, it's great to hear that your son is off the booze and going to AA meetings. Hopefully he will see that life is so much better without alcohol. AA has changed my whole attitude, and being in a room full of drunks sharing their victories and failures, has really made a difference in me. This site is great, but being in the same room with other alkies, brings the meaning of sobriety to a whole new level. I hope that YS sticks it out, and realizes that he is not alone in his journey to freedom.

Where are you [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION]? I promise not to @ you anymore if you come and join us at the cafe.

The New York State fair will be opening here in a few weeks, but I'm not sure if we will be going or not. It's usually very crowded and noisy, not my scene at all. If I do go, it's mostly for the agricultural part, and I can usually be found wandering around in the barns. I especially like the draft horse competitions, and can sit for hours watching them.

Well, I've rambled on long enough, so here's to another 24 for all of us.

Comment

4:53am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hear you [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], tired of dealing with this for the past 6 months or so, but I'll give it the extra 3 that Doc wants. If nothing changes and he's still at wits end, it might be time to go for a second opinion but I'm not sure what Dr. I'd choose lol.

Great to hear about YS [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I know things were in dire straits with the family relationship so it's good to see he's got his head on straight and working some sort of recovery plan.

Pickleball and bean bag toss seam to be the raves here [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], lots of tournaments going on in the smaller towns.

There is quite an agricultural side to our fair as well [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] and Jude58, cattle and horse shows, chariot and chuckwagon racing, all kinds of homemade goods judging, trade show, grandstand entertainment, as well as the midway rides. The parade was quite good, lasted over an hour and the rain held off for it!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes [MENTION=778]molly[/MENTION], you best come join us here and I promise not to @ you when you do, otherwise... lol

Comment

Good morning cafe and it’s great having all these new folks joining us. 24 more for me please and thank you!!

Comment

Good morning all!!! I'll take another day.

Comment

Hi folks...and thanks for inviting me over...you can @ me all you like!!! I'm not a very regular poster anymore I'm afraid...inclined to be 10 posts in a day and then none for a week...but I'll do my best!
                            Need to get to know some of your stories too so may read along a bit.

Discovered the joy of an ebike .....we plan on doing all the greenways here in Ireland now that we've pretty much investigated all of Mayo!
                            24 for me too please xxx
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. WOW, the Cafe is abuzz. Another 24 please. Golfing this morning. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                                Mullburry, I am sorry you are going through that. I saw an allergist many years ago and they changed my life. I had a body covered with excema and hives, my breathing was poor. They found what I was allergic to and although I had to make drastic changes, it gave my body the break it needed to calm down and reset. Normal drs, dermatologists etc were useless at that time for me. Good luck
                                I have no problems with hives and only mild excema (mostly in the winter) but I am constantly itchy all over, which I was always quite sure was somehow related to alcohol use (I remember even before I drank every day, I'd always get itchy the next day when I was hungover). I thought the excess mucus generation/post nasal drainage which I've had for a long time (before the other head symptoms / constant sinus infections) was also alcohol related. However, neither condition has improved at all with quitting drinking. I've also tried some different things with diets, and anthistamines with no luck. [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] do you mind if I ask what you ended up being allergic to?
                                Last edited by Mulburry; August 10, 2023, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X