No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“No matter how long you have traveled in the wrong direction, you can always turn around.”

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them, please and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Cinnamon buns and coffee in the greenhouse as breakfast for me today!
    Last edited by abcowboy; August 13, 2017, 07:35 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hey Cowboy share some of those cinnamon buns! Dont tease us haha
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just rolling up another batch for the oven Pauly! Lets see, we got scrambled eggs and sausage, just sausage, blueberry and coconut, bacon, bacon and chocolate chips...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got my Mindful Knitting book yesterday, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]. Thank you so much. It's a great little book and I'll be making some of the projects soon while practicing mindfulness.

God grant me another day sober, please. Amen.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take 24 AF hrs please and thank you... :smile:

Had problems logging in and viewing full site from tablet again. Worked last night. I installed Mozilla/Firefox and it worked fine for a wk. I cleared cache and cookies. I'd log in go to a forum and it logged me out. When trying to reply to a thread it logged me out. I pressed refresh several times. I always click remember me. Luckily was able to get lappie turned on. Haven't received my MacBook yet. Soon, I hope. As posting from my tablet is difficult. Especially when editing. Firefox stops running. Then after a time delay, able to edit. Oh and one point it said I was visiting a non secure site. Thought MWO was encrypted.

[MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]- Don't understand whats going on. :huh: When you have time, hope you can work your magic. lease: Thank you!.. Appreciate your help!..

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]- those look delicious. Thank you!... :smile:

Tried finding knitting book link. Must be on gratitude thread. Off to look. Tho, from my past attempts with trying to learn from a book how to knit, not sure. I may look for e-tutorial.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I think it is harder to stop, if your primarily drinking at home, until you run out. Much of it was sneaking it to. I watched this cop show once and he said he looks for the perfect driver to pull over. Thinks perfect drivers are under the influence. He has a point. I to would attempt perfect everything when driving and drinking. Generally, I hadn't drank much, but that looming fear. What I thought was odd, is that this officer pulled people over with no probable cause. Its a crime to drive great. Guess, they can do whatever they want. Many of them are wonderful public servants and provide the public with much needed help/support.

Then there are others. I'll never forget the time away on an anniversary and two cops were drunker than a skunk. I knew one of them was a cop by his behaviour and speech. He kept buying us shots. Drove home to another county drunk. Tried to pay for a taxi. Nope. They are people like everyone else.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.
            Last edited by Wildflowers; August 13, 2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildflowers View Post

Had problems logging in and viewing full site from tablet again. Worked last night. I installed Mozilla/Firefox and it worked fine for a wk. I cleared cache and cookies. I'd log in go to a forum and it logged me out. When trying to reply to a thread it logged me out. I pressed refresh several times. I always click remember me. Luckily was able to get lappie turned on. Haven't received my MacBook yet. Soon, I hope. As posting from my tablet is difficult. Especially when editing. Firefox stops running. Then after a time delay, able to edit. Oh and one point it said I was visiting a non secure site. Thought MWO was encrypted.

[MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]- Don't understand whats going on. :huh: When you have time, hope you can work your magic. lease: Thank you!.. Appreciate your help!..
              Sorry [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] I cannot help you with your tablet issues. You may be best off downloading everything you want to keep and carrying out a factory reset.

The insecure site is a common problem with both Chrome and Firefox.

The explantion from FF is here but in my experience, if you leave it for a couple of moments the browser will behave itself again.
              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                Sorry [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] I cannot help you with your tablet issues. You may be best off downloading everything you want to keep and carrying out a factory reset.

The insecure site is a common problem with both Chrome and Firefox.

The explantion from FF is here but in my experience, if you leave it for a couple of moments the browser will behave itself again.
                :thanks: for your quick response. I have thought of downloading and resetting to factory. I may do this. Have had more problems with Chrome than Firefox in past. Not just at MWO. I may install Opera and see if this helps. Than use Duckduckgo for search engine. Looking forward to Safari soon. Am somewhat familiar from using iPhone. Today, I'm using Chrome and Google from older lap top with windows 10 running. Having no issues. Yes, noticed with Firefox patience is needed. It does seem to reset after delay.

Thank you for the support link. Some of it is gibberish to me, but will try and digest.
                Last edited by Wildflowers; August 13, 2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Looks like a reset for me. Not happy ATM with myself but will start with 24

update. Plenty of water and reminded of guilt trip ,bash yourself up feeling even a small amount can do. Have taken a baclofen and will try this regularly for next week
                  Last edited by Neo; August 14, 2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Quick check-in today. Away at my in-laws, no wifi yesterday, and need to make two hour drive back to work today.
                    Eating all those peaces reminded me of an old song too, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]. John Prine's Spanish Pipedream. A blast from 1972. YouTube
                    Hope everyone's well.
                    24 more for me please!

Comment

4:31 am in Vegas another 24 for me and my friends here,sorry Neo hope the bac helps! Have a great AF day all
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

it's 2pm here and I would love 24 more hours..
                        love that song, Mr. V.. and John Prine.

Comment

Seems like a fairly tame August as room temps again here at 8:17 am and the sun is shining. Committing to another 24 hours.
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

"Move on, stop wishing about “if only” things could have been different. It’s just a chapter in the past. But don’t close the book. Just turn the page, for every day is a chance to make new beginnings, new hopes and new endings."

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy

Keep at it Neo, you're going to figure out what works for you!

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]. know that I'm right there with you. Pass the reset button please. I know were I went wrong and will avoid the trap next time. There really was no upside to it. Never is anymore.

24 more please, I fervently pray.
                              Last edited by dill; August 14, 2017, 08:18 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35 a.m. here and I'm looking for 24 more hours! For all of us...

Comment

Working...
                                X