• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Checking in. I'll take another day.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Thanks for the spread Cowboy. I can only echo what the others have said Satz. Starting a new job does seem to be a trigger. If he could only get started, hopefully with the help of his sponsor it might bring him back on track. Very few of us got it on the first attempt but my heart goes out to you and Mr S having to deal with it. I am like Molly, house to myself today and lapping it up.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, I will take another 24.

Comment

Checking in and thank you for breakfast Cowboy! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          I have horrendous allergies. Even the Goldendoodle puppy causes some problems. Cats can put me in the ER. I am also asthmatic but not exercise induced thankfully. I use albuterol inhaler and asmanex (inhaled steroid) and haven?t had a major event in a few years. 2016 was the last. It was bad. I eat very cleanly and maintain an anti inflammatory diet. I am always looking for strategies that I can employ and networking with others has been extremely helpful. I do have a low BMI due mostly to all the triathlon training I do and that helps as well. Well, off to bed and I am sure I will have more to add regarding allergies, asthma, diet, etc.
          I feel for you techie (and all allergy sufferers), that sounds like it must be horrible. That's sort of the weird thing with me, is that I don't and have never had allergies to any specific things (and feel very lucky about that), but my body seems to be stuck in this slightly allergized state (though I'm not even sure of that, it could be other things that are causing these symptoms). Anyways, I'm getting a referral to an allergist/immunologist, so we'll see if/what shows up on some testing.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            I am trying intermittent fasting to try and reduce insulin/blood glucose spikes in my body. One theory is that the more time you fast, the more time your body has to rest and reset without so many inflammatory spikes that happen when we eat. It can be done in a way that doesnt cause further weight loss if that is not required. Other benefits include less time/money spent on prepping/buying food. I like that as I can manage 2 healthy meals a day but somehow 3 is beyond me :haha: I also dont find it as overwhelming as conventional "healthy eating" diets.
            Interestingly I've un-intentionally been doing intermittant fasting for quite some time, I usually don't eat breakfast and prefer two larger meals. However, I've changed that up a bit because large meals, are supposed to be bad for acid reflux. Doesn't it always seem like something is good for one thing suddenly is bad for something else (can't win can you).
            [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] do mind me asking if you have any blood sugar issues (type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes etc.) ? I was kind of worried about that as well, but so far all my blood sugar tests (inclucing the long term one - HA1C) have all been coming back normal. I can't say I've cut out sugar/sweets completely but I have cut back a lot, and really try to not to overload too much at once.

Comment

Morning all,

Satz I am so sorry about YS. Interesting what the others say about underlying confidence issues. It could be the trigger. I myself keep landing myself with massive responsibilities. Yet I see myself as scared and incapable in many situations but others dont seem to see that. However, it will stew and I will work myself up into terrible states internally and the only way to quiet that internal dialogue is to numb it. Wonder if that is YS in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                Interestingly I've un-intentionally been doing intermittant fasting for quite some time, I usually don't eat breakfast and prefer two larger meals. However, I've changed that up a bit because large meals, are supposed to be bad for acid reflux. Doesn't it always seem like something is good for one thing suddenly is bad for something else (can't win can you).
                [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] do mind me asking if you have any blood sugar issues (type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes etc.) ? I was kind of worried about that as well, but so far all my blood sugar tests (inclucing the long term one - HA1C) have all been coming back normal. I can't say I've cut out sugar/sweets completely but I have cut back a lot, and really try to not to overload too much at once.
                As far as I know I am not pre diabetic or type 2. What I have done though to see how my body responds to glucose (carbs and sugar) is order a continuous glucose monitor. Its what diabetics wear to monitor their BS levels. I am going to wear it for 2 weeks and see how my body responds to a variety of foods. Its not just sugar that can play havoc with glucose levels its refined carbs as well such as pasta/bread/rice etc. Additionally its the way the individual body responds. On the plus side there is much that can be done other than a keto diet to manage it such as adding fat to carbs to stop them absorbing so quickly or eating fibre beforehand. Amazingly, vinegar can also stop blood sugar spikes. Yes diet is a nightmare and when it coupled with our individual metabolic processes, its a minefield :haha:

Comment

Happy Monday all! (I can say that now because I'm retired)
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION],I wish that I could talk to your son in person, and gain a little perspective on where he's at. Many people go to AA meetings, but don't participate in the discussions. I was like that at first, as I am quite shy in groups of people. It's so important to share your feelings with other alcoholics, as well as listening to their stories. I hope that one day he will finally get it, and find the freedom that comes with living a sober life.

So glad to be here, and grateful for another sober day.

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                    mollyka [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Eldest daughter made it here safe and sound yesterday. She wants to watch and help me make ooey gooey cinnamon buns so I guess we'll spend most of the morning in the kitchen lol.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day/evening!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, I'm glad your daughter arrived safe and sound and that you will get to enjoy time with her. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your kitchen so I could see how you make your glorious cinnamon buns!

24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I have had these urges for beer off and on this past weekend. Just reading the posts got rid of them. I am so grateful to not have drank last night. I do not get them that often these days but I have learned to not let my guard down ever.

3yrs and 5 months sober.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Quick check-in! I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
                              [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] I'm so glad the posts helped - because I think we need to keep it front of mind always and be RELIEVED that we no longer drink .
                              Evening everyone

That is so true Satz and one of the reasons I need MWO. Glad your daughter made it home Cowboy. My daughter who lives in Norway is home too at the moment. She was at a friends wedding yesterday. Anyone heard anything from Brit? She has not checked in in ages. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftyAlison0 View Post
                                I have had these urges for beer off and on this past weekend. Just reading the posts got rid of them. I am so grateful to not have drank last night. I do not get them that often these days but I have learned to not let my guard down ever.

3yrs and 5 months sober.
                                I get them every once in awhile. While pain pills were my main drug, I gave up alcohol as well. I have had NA beer a few times. Not enough times to really say it is worth it. After golf was the situation. Normally, I just opt for seltzer w/bitters. I never considered myself an alcoholic but my real concern is drinking again could lead me back to prescription drugs. I will NOT go there!!!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X