~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and wishing everyone a good day. 24 more please!

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Does anyone have advice about where to buy Baclofen online? I heard Sunrise might be shutting down again (they were River Professional Group previously).

Comment

Originally posted by Galleria300 View Post
          Does anyone have advice about wh buy Baclofen online? I heard Sunrise might be shutting down again (they were River Professional Group previously).
          Hi there...don't know if anyone else knows anything bout Baclofen but I know nothing I'm afraid ...hopefully you get some info!
          I'm just popping in to say goodnight...home in my own bed and truly am exhausted....talk tomorrow xxx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I have had two canker sores on my tongue and they are now starting to heal. Another 24 for me. I do NA beer now and then but only special occasions and they work for me.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
              Morning all - hope all are well ?
              Sorry to harp on about Ys every post but if what we are going through stops just one person from taking that first drink - then I'm glad I bored the pants of yiz :haha:
              I sat him down today. I explained AGAIN that there is no craving for alcohol until the alcohol is put in the body.
              He did not have a physical craving for the past weeks when sober - the craving only started on Friday evening when the first beer was taken. Has followed through since and will remain until his body is clear of it. up to 3 days. The HE is in control.

Starts that is so wrong what is going on with your MrS. :hug:
              What operation is it he was having ?

Doesn't sound like the drs on the radio are on 100k - perhaps they are junior doctors who only get a pittance.

I don't want just 24hours I'm afraid [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - I want the rest of my life ( yes I'm that greedy) !!
              Over 100k as a couple I meant. Even the junior drs dont really get a pittance. Their basic pay is, but they have all sorts of additions added on such as additional rosters, London weighting and further additions for night work and weekend. Pus they get a 20% pension. Basic pay would be around ?3k per month. The guy on the TV was in his 40's so he would have been on more given his experience. Double that to include his wife. I am not saying they aren't worth more, but FFs people are dying because of these strikes and they have been offered up to 10% increase which they have refused as they want 35%.

Mr S has a polyp in his bowel which is massive. It is so big he (we) has to travel to the other end of the country to have it removed as his normal surgeon isnt confident. If it is left it could turn cancerous. Given that they have left it for 8 months so far, it gets more worrying all the time. Also, he has cancer already and that in itself makes him more prone.

I am glad YS seems to be stabilising himself. Must be such a relief. What made him pick up? You say he had no craving until he did have a beer.

Comment

Starty, I hope that Mr.S can get that polyp removed soon. I can't believe that the docs have let this go on for 8 months. Yowza!

Satz, glad to hear that YS is staying off the booze. It must be hell on your family. I shudder to think about how much I hurt my loved ones when I was drinking. It was never intentional, but feeding my addiction came first and foremost, never thinking about how much pain I caused to those around me.

Yesterday Mr. J and I put up a bushel of corn. Lots of work, but it will be so nice having fresh tasting corn in the middle of the winter.

Humbly asking for another 24 hours of peace.

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You can definitely have the rest of your life sober @satz124, but it only comes one day at a time haha.

Cancer sores are never fun [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], glad to hear they are almost gone.

That's a lot of corn [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but it'll be nice to enjoy it in the middle of winter.

Hope Mr S gets through the surgery okay [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], it's never pleasant going under the knife.

Comment

Good morning. Wishing everyone a sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Hi all...just checking in...heavy gardening today...still trying to deal with my tomato mountain....and my garlic mountain...and many more....have a good 24 all !
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all. I'll take another.

Comment

Evening everyone

Long day at pony show so just a quick check in. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

Hi all.
                              Keep posting up about YS satz. Def good for us not to forget.
                              What did he say kicked it off?

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], that is beyond frustrating.. do you have a new date?
                              I'm surprised the consultants don't all just move to Ireland, our lads get paid a fortune I believe. We'll, the qualified ones, think it's not great when training.

We're you in the RDS last week Rustop? All the horsey people around here were gone all week.

24k to run tomorrow, mileage creeping up. Feels like another world now, to the old one, full of secrets and hangovers.

All the vegetable plots sound fabulous!!
                              Last edited by IamMary; August 17, 2023, 06:10 PM.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Yes cowboy, it's a lot of corn! We will be getting another bushel soon, so that we will have enough to last us till next season. Molly, we also have a ton of tomatoes in the garden, so we will have plenty of sauce to get us through the year. I like to make salsa as well, as it's so much better than the crap they sell in the store. Our peach tree is absolutely loaded with fruit, so we will be canning lots of jam as well. Busy time of year for us.

Another 24 please...

Comment

Working...
                                X