Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning everyone

That?s strange, I can see Mulberry last posted but post is not there to read. Maybe it will appear when I post. That?s what was happening over on the army thread. Just back from a lovely walk with the doggies. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Yep that?s exactly what happened. The gremlins are at work!
    Last edited by rustop59; August 20, 2023, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the cafe [MENTION=24764]DragonbytheSea[/MENTION]! It's refreshing to see so many new faces here! The more the merrier!
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I didn't realize that you had antelope in your neck of the woods. Hopefully, you will have a successful hunt this Fall so your freezer will be chock full of meat.
      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], I've owned several horses over the years, but never showed any of them. It must be fun to watch your daughter compete in the shows. I am also an animal lover, and worked as a veterinary technician for over 20 years. My favorite part of the job was going out to the farms, and working with cows, horses, goats and whatever else happened to be in the barn.

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24764]DragonbytheSea[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m too early for breakfast. Will have to stop back later. Dill, we leave to head south next Sunday. Not looking forward to the drive!! Very happy with our little house purchase. We made the right decision. Enjoy seeing our family more! Wishing everyone a great Sunday. We are installing a new ceiling fan today. Big WOOP! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

It's time for breakfast/brunch...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes Molly, Adam is our son, the third eldest with 2 older daughters and one younger daughter. He is the closest to us at about a 45 minute drive away. All the girls are much further so we don't get to see them as often.

Sounds like you'll be busy putting up lots of fruit preserves [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] along with that yummy salsa!

The same thing has happened to me with a few posts [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], but not often so I hope it stays that way.

Great to see you here [MENTION=24764]DragonbytheSea[/MENTION] and hope you'll be a regular here at the Cafe.

Sounds like you made the right decision buying the little house [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Hard to believe the summer slipped by so quickly.

We have to travel about 3.5 hours south to get into antelope country [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and our scouting trip yesterday was worth it. 10 hours and 640 miles later we were home after seeing about 75 antelope and finding a good spot to park the camper. Just hope we'll see as many animals when the hunt actually gets underway lol.

Comment

Thanks for the great breakfast, Cowboy. I don't know that I have ever had beans at breakfast. It was a nice change of pace!

Rava, I'm glad you are at peace and happy with your house decision. Safe travels back home next week.

My daughter came to the nearby town for a funeral for childhood friend. Her boyfriend accompanied her and part of his reason was so he could meet us. I have made a breakfast buffet and I am waiting for them to arrive. So excited!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yummy brekkie, ABC! One more glorious, clear, cool day on the Washington coast then inland back to heat and smoke. I'll take another!

Comment

Hi all...sounds like you're all on the move somewhere...so interesting all the different places you are ......Joe is home tomorrow so enjoying the last meal free, plan free day....doing nothin!!!
                    Our Adam's first gf's name was...believe it or not...Eve....sort of sad they split up...interesting naming pair...they could have called their kids Cain and Abel ;-)

Must go back and read about your small house purchase Rava...sounds interesting.
                    Right off to the couch with my book and a cuppa
                    Have a good 24 folks xx
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I have been heads down in project. I will read back later today for news I have missed. BTW, I noticed Molly posted but it did not show her the GD preview. Worried for my dear friends in San Diego and Dana Point. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        Good morning Cafe friends. I have been heads down in project. I will read back later today for news I have missed. BTW, I noticed Molly posted but it did not show her the GD preview. Worried for my dear friends in San Diego and Dana Point. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7404[/ATTACH]
                        What's a GD preview Tech's? Is there something else wrong that I didn't even know was wrong?:egad:
                        Is it wildfires in San Diego and Dana's Point? Didn't see anything about them in our news....there are out of control fires in a lot of Europe and even over in Tenerife...just seems to keep getting worse...I often say to my kids how privileged we are to live in this part of the world with our temperate climate...long may it last.

Was thinking of you today Techie..two people died in seperate incidents during the Ironman swimming event today...very sad...stay safe all you eventer people!!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Storm Betty knocked our power off until 4pm this afternoon!! Ridiculous. You should try that in your house [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], a strangely calm house (but no hot water, dishwasher, oven, hob). Cooked everything on a 1 ring camping stove.
                          The freezer needs to be defrosted, so I didn't try to save anything..

My brothers are home so it was all a bit bonkers. They don't drink (1 sober 10 years, the other 5) so our big dinners are all about the food. Back in the day, it was all about the wine!

2 deaths confirmed in the race my sister did (@techie you might have heard about the ironman event in cork). Awful scary stories coming back.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning all! Here's to another booze free day...

Comment

Such sad news from the Cork Iron Man Event. I read one of the contestants was 40 and the other 60. I wonder if we will ever be told the causes. Such a loss to their families and communities, and to the event itself.

Jude, you are probably elbow deep in freezing and canning this week. Hope all goes well.

We will be dropping off our car at the dealership this morning for some body work. I backed ever so gently into a basketball pole last week and caused a ridiculous damage to the rear bumper. The car is only a year old and I just hate to see that damage, so I'll be glad to have it fixed. But it's going to cost. I'm not going to put in a claim with the insurance. The repairs hover fairly closely to the deductible. Cars are nowhere near as sturdy as they once were!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X