No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such sad news about the runners in the Iron Man race, you just never know even if you're in good health.

It doesn't take much damage to create a huge expense [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the vehicles definitely aren't built as tough as they used to be, so much plastic in them now. Did you get to meet the future son-in-law lol, and what did you think?

How long was your power out for [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]? How much frozen food did you lose?

Hang in there [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], it's only for a week haha.

Things look pretty grim in B.C. [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] with all the wildfires. Have you heard if the orchards in the Okanogan were affected?
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Yes, I heard about the Cork event. So sad. I was in an event two decades ago on the east coast. New Jersey. During the swim a sand bar broke and swept a few participants out with it. Fortunately, there was no loss of life. I am golfing this morning and the weather is perfect. Overcast and breezy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. has the word association thread off limits these days? PLEASE SOMEONE (I don’t care who) play the damn game. It’s part of my sad limited existence. Hahahaha

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Headed inland to smoke and fires. Praying for all affected.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Night all...Joe home and half the family descended on me...two of us heading up to Donegal Wed for a few days on the bike...very excited!
          I'll attempt to word associate tomorrow Techster...not sure what it entails....
          A good 24 to all and sundry ;-)
          Xx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
            Things look pretty grim in B.C. [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] with all the wildfires. Have you heard if the orchards in the Okanogan were affected?
            It sure is. I'm not sure about the orchards, the news seems to focus on houses/private property, but I wouldn't be surprised given how that fire has spread all over the Kelowna area. Hopefully the projected rain for the interior over the next couple of days helps, but it may also come with lightning and winds so could be a double edged sword.

Comment

OK [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I just played the word association game. Your turn!

Gratefully looking forward to another 24...

Comment

4:48am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoy your few days away Molly once all the family leaves, I'm presuming you're going on a motorbike not an ebike lol.

Are there fires burning up your way as well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], or just getting the smoke from the California and B.C. fires?

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                    P.S. has the word association thread off limits these days? PLEASE SOMEONE (I don?t care who) play the damn game. It?s part of my sad limited existence. Hahahaha

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7405[/ATTACH]
                    Sure, Techie, I'll get back in the game!
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], we liked her bf very much! He got a "2 thumbs up" rating.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; August 22, 2023, 05:59 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ABC, lots of fires around the state. Smoke is a little better today. I can almost see Rainier and Adams from my perch!!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Enjoy your few days away Molly once all the family leaves, I'm presuming you're going on a motorbike not an ebike lol.

Are there fires burning up your way as well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], or just getting the smoke from the California and B.C. fires?
                        Oh definitely Cowboy....it's a big roundy roundy trip....don't think the ebikes would be up to the range!!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          Oh definitely Cowboy....it's a big roundy roundy trip....don't think the ebikes would be up to the range!!
                          Enjoy Molly. I?m like Mary, so far this week we have had no water, no electricity and the fibre optic cable snapped so no Wi-Fi. Have come west for peace and to escape. Hubby was meant to be going to Canada fishing next week but the fires have put paid to that.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Went off the mountain bike this morning. luckily it’s a few scrapes and bruises. I should stick to the road bike. The track was muddy and the back wheel came out of a rut at a weird angle and I tumbled down into a ravine. Did not stop me from a run afterward. Beautiful day here. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry to hear about you with no power or water!!

Comment

Beautiful day here.
                                Smoke totally cleared this morning for an amazing day as well, really cool morning for some yard works, temperate afternoon for a hike and perfect early evening to sit out i the sun and get some reading in. It's a rare treat to get a gorgeous, not hot (nor smokie) day, like this in the summer!

Comment

Working...
                                X