~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

7:15 am and expecting rain later on my way to NYC. Committing to another 24.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Nice morning hear today, cool, but it will be warming up quick today.
      Got a day off, going to get a massage with the Mrs. spending the booze money, lol.
      24 more please, for me any anyone who needs it.

Comment

4:44 am in Vegas another 24 please,,Mr.V enjoy the massage
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"On this road called life you have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes. People change. Things go wrong. But just remember, the ride goes on.

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Enjoy your day off Mr V!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], I was just over reading on the Roll Call thread and think you should recheck your numbers, you're short-changing yourself! Remember everyone, every day sober is a reason to celebrate!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Massage sounds like an excellent way to spend all that saved booze money, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Has the Mrs. joined you on the sober train or is this journey all your own? Mr. Dill is a non drinker and pretty much always has been. Just the occasional beer or if at a wedding, he might get a jack daniels with coke. One and done. I never understood it! LOL But now I envy him.

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Please I want and need to add another 24 AF hours. Thank you!...

So thankful, this thread has a reset button. Not just for booze. I need to reset my thoughts. If I can just get out of my own head, I have a better chance of success. I was told that no matter whats going on if we don't pick up that first drink we've been a success. I believe this at the 90% mark.

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] anything healthy on the menu today? Very happy you, dill and LC aren't letting a slip derail you. If it wasn't for MWO and all the encouragement I keep finding here, I may just have given up. Nora tells us to never - ever give up. This is the approach I must take. Sundays seem to be a trigger for me, along with many other things. Are any of you willing to share what triggered you? I read dill said a trap and to avoid next time. Is there a specific trap?

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] enjoy the couples massage. Haven't done this in a few years. What a great reward that you'll both enjoy.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] take it easy out there. Best wishes in NY. Hope all this court business works out soon.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] another wise quote. Thank you... Thank you for reminding me to reach for Advil and not beer. Our Dr just Rxd a larger quantity of non addictive pain relief at my yearly physical. There are initiatives now requiring to keep up on preventative health or pay a higher premium. He also shared with me that his stepmother who raised him passed earlier in the year and his rum consumption has gone way up. Do to depression and stress. He believes many people self medicate. Oh do I understand. I will not tell myself that I'll never drink again. Haven't been successful. What I do say is I'm alcoholic. I learned about the broken switch in 2008 at whiskey school. One day at a time. I'm so grateful we don't shoot the wounded at MWO!...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] My hubs rarely drinks like yours. And when he does its one beer or Jack and coke to. Generally not at home. Basically understand why some cant and some can from a science perspective. Knowledge can be powerful or have the opposite effect. There's a link out there that explains what no body is willing to tell you after you stop drinking. I'm once again experiencing some of these symptoms. Right now I'm practicing faking it. Good thing I learned how to BS myself in a positive tone to. On our trip last Sat, my hubs opened up some. Only because I've been sober for a little stretch. He said the number one reason he's depressed is because of my drinking. Who can blame him? Not I. Part of me wants to drink to forget the shame and guilt. But than I'd be right back in the hamster wheel. It's just no good, no good at all. Poisonous/ethanol. Then yesterday I was putting together Baby Bears 30th b-day gift. Pulled out some old pics. I cried a bit. I wanted to escape. I didn't want to feel the pain. I think what the sam hill is the matter with me. Normal people don't numb with alcohol to avoid pain that will return when it wares off. Or maybe they do. I'm just rambling now and lost my train of thought. I have a case of CRSS. I'm praying for you and others. You will get this. You don't have to be perfect!.... Everyone celebrate who they are. The greatest creature ever created!...

Hope everyone has a good day. :love:

Comment

4:39 am in Vegas another 24 please, my triggers are mostly a bad mood,sadness,that come with hormones another one is spending too much time in my head thinking of drinking/not drinking, Byrdie posted in the nest about how some people are pushers or players,pushers push al thoughts out asap and that's when I have the most success,players play the tape to the end knowing how bad drinking will end up,this rarely works for me cuz as she said it's too hard to get past the buzzed part of playing the tape through and I've let that derail me too many times,hope everyone has a great AF day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"A strong person is not the one who doesn’t cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds tears for a moment and then picks up the sword and fights again."

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy

I'm like you Pauly, stop the thoughts immediately, my tape seemed to have a never ending loop built into it lol.

Comment

24 more for me please. Back later, gotta run.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], thank you for your ramble and for your prayers. I think the nub of the matter for me is "never". I have never yet been able to say never again to alcohol. I have not managed to close that door all the way. And as we all know, as long as there is a crack in the defenses, al will surely find it. In my life here I have some major ongoing troubles that are not in my control. I am at the mercy of choices that others make that can leave me picking up the pieces, holding the bag, dealing with overwhelming grief, whatever. That is a constant struggle for me and every now and then I think it over whelms me. This is what life is like for family members of addicts in recovery. And then I always fool myself into the "this time will be different" loop. So, that's it basically for me. I'll keep getting back on course because I want to live a good and healthy life and I know that is not possible if I go backwards. But you know, being an alcoholic gives me a front and center seat into the mind of an addict and I know full well the battle that must be fought and won each day. There is so much more I could say about all of this, but I will leave it there.

I also ask for the grace to change the things I can and to have another 24.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm late today.. it's 4:17p.m...great to read those posts, Wildflowers and Dill.
                          I'm looking for 24 hours more!

Comment

7:31a.m. here and the skies are blue, the air cool but lovely. Looking forward to the next 24 hours!

Comment

4:23 am in Vegas another 24 please

Comment

Just about 8:30 and haven't even opened the blinds yet (but of course the first cup of coffee is down. lol) Committing to another 24 hours.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X