~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Monday Cafe! Dill, I love funnel cakes too until I went to our local town festival and they were $18.00 each!! That is crazy. I refused to pay that so I guess I saved myself extra calories! We spent the entire day at the beach yesterday with our books and packed lunch. The gulf was super warm and we just floated on our blow up floats. Heaven for sure! No booze in our cooler! I’m trying to wrap my head around the new bathing suit trend of exposed butts. People walk around with wedgies. Ugh. It certainly gives you something to look at! Lol. 24 more please.

Comment

Prawns. Hmmm Learned something new. Thanks, Dill.

Off to the Tri-Cities with my sister for a Dr appt. This will include a lovely lunch, I'm sure.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off to golf soon. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_2824.jpg
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
          We do try to get to the Ukrainian Catholic Church's perogy supper that they have the last Wednesday of each month though.
          I've done one of these in Vancouver before, very good. Of course at the time, we washed them down with shots of spiced Khortytsa. Not anymore.

Comment

Rava, I think I'll pass on the wedgie bathing suits. I'm sure that no one wants to see MY butt! lol!

I heard a term the other day that really hit home. "Cease to be grateful, cease to be sober." So very true.

Yesterday was pepper canning day. Mr. J planted some jalapeno peppers that were so hot that even he can't eat them. I guess those will go to his son, who doesn't mind burning his lips off.

I'd be eternally grateful for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It seems the younger generation aren't worried about how much skin they show [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but things are going a bit too far with how liberal we're becoming.

Enjoy the day/lunch with your sister [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

I enjoy spicy foods as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but not so hot that you can't taste anything else. And that is a great saying to think of each day.

Twas a time when beer and perogy suppers went well together for me as well [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], now I just enjoy the food and visiting.

Love those giant prawns [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], fried up in some butter and garlic.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Keeping those boozy thoughts away! 24 more please!

Comment

Ginger, I was wondering what the difference was between prawns and cawdads and so I searched it. It turns out prawns are very similar to shrimp, while crawdads are more similar to lobster. Both are a treat!

Rava, I would have walked away from $18.00 funnel cakes too! I'll let you know what price I see when and if I make it to a festival. I'd also pass on the wedgy bathing suit, thank you very much! LOL And honestly, it would ruin my time at the beach to have to see others wearing them! I agree with you, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Too far.

Jude, I appreciated the gratitude thought. I was watching a season 7 episode of an old show starring Helen Mirren called, Prime Suspect. In the episode the character she plays is struggling mightily with her alcohol addiction. They really captured the awfulness, I must say. There was a very poignant scene of her running into an old colleague at an AA meeting. Incredibly well done. I caught it on Brit Box streaming service. It was episode 1, so I guess I'm hooked for the rest of the season.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Jude, I appreciated the gratitude thought. I was watching an episode of an old show starring Helen Mirren called, ___. In the episode the character she plays is struggling mightily with her alcohol addiction.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oops, I didn't quite finish that last post!

I was saying the series was called Prime Suspect. The portrayal of the awfulness of being alcoholic was something we all here could appreciate. But there was a particularly poignant scene of her seeing an old colleague at an AA meeting and trying to fun out quickly without him seeing her. She didn't make it though and it was very well acted between the two characters. I caught the series on the Brit Box streaming service. I borrowed a pre-loaded Roku stick from the library.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and crawdads. Another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_2895.jpeg
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, I'll have to check out the series Prime suspect as it sounds interesting. I didn't realize that you could borrow a preloaded room stick from the library. Who knew?

Hope that you all have a fantastic day!

24 more please...

Comment

Another 24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I will have to find Prime Suspect to watch! Thanks for the recommendation. 24 more please and thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X