X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Zooming through. 24 more. Blessings x

IMG_2968.jpg
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Whoops! I missed check in yesterday. All good here though.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dill. Like Jude, I had no idea you could borrow a stick from the library. Cool!

Waves to all my Cafe pals!

I'm working on my sisters house today. Happy to be doing it bright eyed and bushy tailed, as they say. Lol I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
        Ginger, I was wondering what the difference was between prawns and cawdads and so I searched it. It turns out prawns are very similar to shrimp, while crawdads are more similar to lobster. Both are a treat!
        Interestingly, after having read "Where the Crawdads Sing" a while back, I still didn't really know what exactly a crawdad was. But... now I know! I do love all the crustaceans, so I'm sure they would be delicious.

Comment

Off to the vets this morning to have the kitten neutered; he's not going to be a happy camper! Poor little guy.

I'll gratefully accept another 24 hours of serenity!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day with no cravings! 24 more please!

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Poor Larry [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], he won't be impressed with his new humans lol.

Two more days of combining then I'm off on my hunting trip, getting a bit excited about spending some time with the 2 boys in the outdoors!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That sounds great, ABC. Enjoy you sons.

Poor Larry but it's the right thing!

Worked on my sisters house yesterday replacing siding corner pieces. Did most of it in the rain but we kept at it because we both wanted it done and we were celebrating the moisture!

Off to workout. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I am in a workshop until Saturday noon. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_2946.jpg
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Larry recovered well after his surgery. The post-surgical instructions they said not to let him jump up on things and to keep him quiet. Ha ha! Right now he is careening around the room playing with the other cats. Talk about being resilient!
                      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it sounds like your hunting trip was just what the doctor ordered. Hope that you have a successful season this year.

In the AA meeting that I go to, it is always started with the serenity prayer, so here it is.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning cafe. Watching the tropical storm going up the east coast very closely as our second home is right on the bay. Ugh 2 homes in hurricane zones. Twice as much to worry about. That will not be an excuse to drink tho. Hope everyone e has a great day. Off to gym for me. 24 more please.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; September 22, 2023, 06:25 AM.

Comment

At least it seems Larry came through the surgery with flying colors [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hard to keep pets still if they want to play.

By buying the second home you got rid of one headache, only to gain another [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol, hopefully the storm won't do any damage to it.

We just have the one son [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], the other fellow is Adam's best friend Joel. He used to hunt with us years back before he moved away, but he continued to put in with us on the group draw for antelope. It'll be just like old times again!

Comment

Wow, Rava! Now you have two homes in hurricane zones?! I didn't see that one coming! I hope your northern home is safe and sound.

Jude, it sounds like Larry is going great! Lucky Larry.

I never had time yesterday to check in. Volunteering early in the morning, and a Homemakers club in the afternoon. Busy life of a retiree!

Cowboy, enjoy that time out in Nature with your boys! What a gift.

Mulburry, I read Where the Crawdads Sing, too! I never thought about what crawdads were or what their song is... I enjoyed the book though.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ABC, a bonus "son", even better. I loved the flavor of antelope, years ago, when I tried it. Good luck!

Haha! Keep a kitty down? Now that's funny, Jude.

Rava, hope that weather system passes you by. Dang it!

Today is Kathy's service. Still seems impossible she's gone. I guess after today it will sink in. :'/

I'll take another.

Comment

Working...
                                X