~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and welcome back Cowboy. congrats on your trip! Wishing everyone a great and sober day! IMG_8222.jpg

Comment

5:03am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends were here without me for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for doing the breakfast Sunday, you did such a good job I think maybe you should keep doing it!

And thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for the song video, it truly was out on the range. Very flat land in the Canadian Badlands where we were, a few deep gulley's here and there, but mostly flat and not many tress at all, and the wind blew hard everyday!

Joel got his antelope mid-morning on Monday, then the work began with field dressing it. While the boys were busy with that, I walked 4 miles back to the truck and then walked 4 miles back to them with the game sled to drag it out with. Adam got his early Tuesday morning, and I got mine later Tuesday afternoon. It was a very different hunt as you're not allowed to take your vehicles off the road, so there was lots of walking done each day. Even some crawling so as to sneak up close enough to get a shot off, and they were long distance shots even then. We de-boned each animal as soon as possible, bagged it, and put the meat in a small chest style deep freeze we had brought along for that purpose. My little Honda generator had it's work cut out for it powering the camper and freezer lol. We'll all get back together sometime in December to spend a day making sausage and hamburger from the meat.

Its good to be back home though, and back with my virtual family!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm glad your hunt was so successful and productive, Cowboy! It sounds like a lot of effort and also fun. You all did so well! Glad to have you back in the Cafe.

I'm back from volunteering. It was a good morning. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Crazy busy! I'm here tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
              Ginger, hope that you had a great day with your g'son. I agree that 2 year olds are so fun and absolutely adorable.
              Yup totally. My friend's daughter is about 2 & a half, so much fun, the son is almost 5 now and becoming a touch more snobbish (at least a little more willfull and difficult to entertain). I often only see them a few times a year, so you really can notice the changes.

Comment

Sounds like you got you a lot of exercise during your hunt cowboy! Whew!Looks as though you'll have a freezer full of meat though.

24 more hours of freedom and peace please...

Comment

I'll join you for another 24 hours of freedom and peace, Jude!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:53am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Comment

It's nice to be able to spend a few days at home with Bubba, what's left to harvest (9 quarters) isn't quite ready so I didn't have to hurry back out to the farm as soon as I got home. And there's rain in the forecast so I might get a few days more at home.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Cowboy, I will pass on the breakfast job! Sounds like a lot of work to get your food but I’m sure it’s worth it! Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Spent most of yesterday canning salsa. Thank God the tomatoes seem to be slowing down, but there's still a lot of peppers to be picked.

Glad that you got to spend a few days with Bubba cowboy. There's nothing like coming home after being away.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Wow Jude! More salsa!! It's really been a good year for tomatoes. Our garden is still putting them out. But the season is definitely coming to an end. Oct. 10 is our usual first frost and that's just around the corner.

Beautiful full moon last night.

24 more hours of freedom for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I have been up since 5 am unable to get back to bed. Ugh. Someone posted last night in our local newsletter that they lost a family ring on the beach yesterday. Mr R and I are meeting the woman this morning with our metal detector in hopes of helping her find her ring. Wish us luck. Then we are spending a pool day with friends. Hope everyone has a safe and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X