No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Thanks for all the support. Yes I made it with my insulated cup full of ice and fizzy water. I also hate happy hour celebrations. They occur nightly around here and we do not usually participate. One particular person almost gets mad if you don’t drink. I am not looking forward to seeing her any time soon. So I’m glad that is over! We head north in 2 days for a month. I went to the thrift store and got some cheap suitcases to bring and leave some winter clothes. Will donate the suitcases somewhere there. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

Hopefully all went well at the happy hour [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], those events can be hard but they also teach us that we don't have to drink to be social and have a good time. I'm not sure I could handle a happy hour everyday either [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], not sure what everybody sees in getting together everyday just to drink.

Apple pie and ice cream is one of my favorite snacks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and there's lots of apple pies and ice cream in our freezer lol.

The wolf nature center would be a great way to spend the day [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], not in the rain though.

Edit to add: Glad things went well for you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 5, 2023, 06:33 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you made it, Rava! I knew you would. Safe travels north when you hit the road. We will head south around the 25th. I'm really going to miss the greats.

Waves to all. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cade friends. House is full. 24 more. Blessings x

IMG_3900.jpg
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, I always appreciate the quotes and images you share with us here but of course some resonate more than others. Today's was one of those for me! As I read the key words and the phrases I had the additional pleasure of the hymn being triggered in my brain. Thank you.

Glad you got through that happy hour Rava! I knew you could do it!

Cowboy, Apple pie and ice cream is a favorite around here, too. We also enjoy apple pie with a slice of cheddar melted on top. Mmmm

Ginger, I can't believe it's already about time for you to be heading back south. Where did the summer go?!!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you made it through happy hour Rava! I bet that you felt great the next day with no regrets.

I'm sitting on the back porch enjoying the warm temps. It will probably be one of the last times that I can do this as the weather is about to turn nasty soon.

This weekend is the annual apple festival which is hugely popular around here. As much as I would like to go, the huge crowds and heavy traffic are a big turn off for me. Also, it almost always rains during the event, and this year is no exception. The grounds where it is held quickly become a sea of mud, which I have no desire to slop around in.

Anyway, I will be staying home enjoying another 24 hours of serenity.

Comment

Hi cafe! Hope everyone is doing well. Today I’m going to finish packing for our trip up north. Looking forward to doing some work on the new (old) place. I noticed on the security camera we have ferel cats. Does anyone have any knowledge of how to keep them away? I’m looking for maybe something that emits a noise or something? Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I also was reminded of one of my favorite hymns [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Thanks for all your quotes [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Sounds like a better plan to just stay home [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], there's not too many things you can enjoy outside when it's pouring rain lol.

Have a safe trip up north [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], those cats might go away once you guys are back, they usually don't stick around humans, but they still might be around during the night snooping for scraps.

Comment

Festivals are the same for me, Jude. I can't enjoy them because of the crowds. However, I think I might try to go to the local Potato Festival this weekend. If I go early enough I might be able to avoid the heaviest crowd time. We shall see.

Rava, I haven't any ideas about how to dissuade ferrell cats. I hope Cowboy is right that just human presence may scare them off. Maybe you could get a recording of a dog barking? I heard once a long time ago that if you wanted to scare raccoons away that you just had to leave a radio playing all night. I don't know if that's true.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, you might try an orange spray. Cats typically don't like the smell of citrus. Not sure it will work but your yard will smell nice!

Nothing much going on around here today, yet! Hope it stays that way. Ha! I'll take another day.

Comment

Late check in. Another 24. House guests gone tomorrow. Blessings x

IMG_3942.jpeg
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

As predicted, it's pouring rain outside. Looks like a good day to stay in and read a good book.

Not sure what to tell you about the feral cats Rava. Just don't feed them or they will never go away.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning cafe. We are up early and hopefully arrive at our destination by dinner time. Having my first cup of coffee. All packed and ready to go. Downloaded some Netflix movies and praying for no delays. Got an extra suitcase from goodwill filled with warmer clothes to leave north. Will donate suitcase back to a thrift store! I will let you know about the cats. Thanks everyone. Wishing everybody a great Saturday! 24 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X