No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Try walking forward while looking over your shoulder and see how far you get. The same goes for life!"

6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Beautiful morning here in southern Ohio, I'll have 24 please, too. Thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yes, Dill a beautiful Saturday morning, think I'll enjoy it for a bit, work tonight.
        A lot to read here the past few days, just catching up, really only had time for a check-in. Ramble/rant on everyone, it does help to get it out.
        Day 81, promised myself at least 90, on the OYNB challenge, I mentioned before. Feeling strong, but the last 3-4 nights have had dreams of drinking, not full blown drunks, but a beer or two, and a glass of wine. I don't even drink wine, what the hell. Maybe I'm trying to sort things in my head, I don't know. At this point, I'm going to continue with this quit.
        24 more for me please.

Comment

24 please

Comment

Wow that was hectic, my dog I had to clean and pick up like 10 turds over 2 hours.... how is that possible?! Wish she would chose one spot instead of me hunting it down. Managed to pull down a cable as I recently moved my PC and haven't cable managed and get to a peanut butter jar which was partially open so needless to say... I was taking a nap. So there is a lid and chop stick with peanut butter somewhere missing (to fill her kong). Then jumps in the tub while I'm cleaning up after her. It has a smashed bottle she knocked over of shampoo in it and it doesnt drain 100% properly, so she is drinking the still soapy water. So she has clean paws at least. So yeah she was thirsty after all the peanut butter. Hoping the shampoo doesn't get her sick. Scrap the A/C I need fresh air! In retrospect I should have caged her for my nap. Stay sober in the chaos.
            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I just logged self off and lost a long post. Ugh..

Please, I honestly want and need another 24 AF hours! Thank you!..

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], You have taught me a new word. "Yumbo". Luv luv this. Passing it on. :smile: Good job on Bac! I made large stuffed portabella mushrooms last night. Stuffed with wild salmon, cream ch, spinach, onion, garlic, herbs and spices. It taste Yucko. Everything is tasting Yucko. My thyroid labs came back and I've flipped to HypoT. :sad: No wonder I feel ill. I may take a Bac later. Hope you have a good wknd.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] I think I can speak for all of us when saying, we are relieved to see you back. We all understand this pain all to well. Have missed you!... You are such a lovely, kind, smart soul at MWO. Please~please stay with us. You have uplifted and encouraged us so many times. Now its are turn. Lean on us. :hug:

I'm going to go turn on old desk top. This is the third time I've lost posts. Touching something on mouse pad also enlarges everything. Ugh... Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to rant on and not feel shame and embarrassment. I agree its so important to get this stuff out of our heads. I do appreciate the limits on politics. Too many perspectives, to emotional, etc. I try my best to not have a knee jerk reaction if I feel offended. Respond rather than react. Getting better with this as I grow. :love: Hope this one stays put.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. I've started using cuts and clips using note pad (saving) as many long posts get lost due to timing issues or what you describe. For example as I hunt a link to append, timing or windows get accidentally closed. So they are cut and paste into notepad or google drive sheets or libre office or if you have windows 10 sticky pads to hold in case something goes wrong. On windows 10 the best place to hold is sticky pads as you don't have to save them and they return upon reboot. On second thought google sheets is the best place if you have computer troubles and cannot reboot. I actually gmail myself links from own email. You just need to make sure to cut and paste enough times in case you hit the timing of post problem (or your dog knocks out your power, which has happened twice in the last couple days). IF you are tech inclined ALT-C on android is a life saver for copy and paste. I know I mentioned it, its more for the noobs that need tools. I use my pc's so much I freak out when I touch someone elses as my control is crazy how I use my mouse, so yeah enlarging or zooming per say of windows would drive me insane. My fathers goes page by page or up and down with the scroll (drives me nuts). I can use my phone as a touch screen for my pc but thats hard to teach. App is called remote mouse I believe. So it works like a laptop. Many complicated scenario's I could put you through like using old phones as spy cams (only for jokes). Need tech support pm me.

Talk away!

Actually that sounds pretty good tasting the mushroom. At this point i love salmon but not on a portabella mushroom. So I understand Yuck.
                Last edited by empyr3al; August 19, 2017, 03:55 PM.
                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Pork loin in the crock pot, slaw made, corn husked, fresh fruit salad too. You're all invited for Saturday night sliders along with a heaping side of 24 more please.
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Even though I didn’t start this thread, I feel it is a part of me, and that’s why I said no rants or raves about politics! That is a subject that will alienate people faster than religion and end up with the thread losing valuable members! Most of the other forums have a political or rant and rave thread specifically for those who want to voice their opinion. If members want to voice their opinions over such matters, why not start a thread just for that reason??
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'd be over straightaway Marylou if I was closer, that meal sounds like it's worth the drive!!!

Comment

The meal sounds delish, [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I too feel very strongly about keeping a politics-free space, as you know. There are plenty of places to discuss politics. You almost can't escape it currently. But I find that politics on a forum for quitting alcohol is counter productive! It would drive me to drink, I'm afraid! :sad::exclaim:
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Committing to another 24! Little late in the day as it's 8:30 here in Jersey, 82 F. Damn timer button on my AC ain't working! lol

Rant away, get it out. For me I think part of the ranting is also getting it out there so one can look at it from a different perspective rather than just the inside of one's head. It looks different when other people can see it as well since we're in a different state as opposed to when we're putting it down in a journal.
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I think that as alcoholics that have recovered, replased and done it over and over we become less judgmental.- of people in the breaks (hard times). We become almost a different breed.
                            [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] we know as canadians our political views which stand very straight forward globally are more a less aligned and our parties argue against the craziest things... so keep the the politics down I agree. I might spout in another thread something about the world. As globally I have many opinions and its been a crazy week. Sorry to all that died. I'll keep it hush.
                            Last edited by empyr3al; August 19, 2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Oh bloody hell Everything you need to know about the total solar eclipse | Explore | Awesome Activities & Fun Facts | CBC Kids ... do not look at the sun or when this is happening close all drapes. Monday. West coast most severe and then as we hit east coast not so bad, but still serious.
                              Last edited by empyr3al; August 19, 2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

It's a beautiful sunny morning.. 7:36 a.m. and I'm asking for 24 hours. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. Mr. V, way to go on all those days!

Comment

Working...
                                X