No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:14am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Safe travels [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! You sound like you are really organized and ready to go!

Picked a bushel+ of Asian pears yesterday. We gave a 5 gallon bucket full to a neighbor who was thrilled. We are trying to decide what to do with the rest. We'll probably can them.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A nice quiet house again [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], it's nice to have company, but also nice when things return to normal.

Safe travels today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hope the cat problem is solved once you get in and settled.

Sounds like a good day to stay home and read [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].

Hmmm, if a Potato Festival means mashed with gravy, oven baked, and french fries, count me in [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol.

Got off the field too late last night to head back to Veg so I'll pack up a few things and head over this morning. I'm not helping with harvest today as Bubba and I are going over to Adam and Darcie's after lunch for a smoked turkey supper. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and our youngest daughter drove down from Grande Prairie yesterday and is staying there for the weekend. Should be a day filled with visiting and great food! We'll drive back tonight, then I'll head back out here tomorrow morning. If things go good, we should wrap up harvest Tuesday or Wednesday!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you for all your hard work getting food on our tables, ABC. Enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey with your kids!

Safe travels, Rava! Techie, enjoy your quiet time.

Jude, rainy weather headed our way starting Monday! My wings are definitely going to start flapping when that happens. Lol

May we all enjoy another day of freedom! I'll take another.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Not so quiet here as I had huge amounts of work to catch up on. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_4004.jpg
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
              Good morning Cafe. We had very hazy weather yesterday due to Canadian fires. Wow that travels a long way!! Today we are attending a happy hour with neighbors. I hate these. Already planning to bring my own non alcoholic drink. It?s these times that make me weak. Everyone around me drinks except Mr R. I have used cannabis in place of alcohol which I know is probably not in My best interest but I would much rather drink. That is definitely my drug of choice. Cannabis does not come close for me. Well today is a test and I will have my plan in place to drink soda. I already know if someone had a bottle of wine left open on the table I would finish it and be looking for more. It?s best not to even have one because I can?t! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 please!!
              Ya I can imagine that must be tough (and cannibis I don't find to be a social drug at all either). I'm very lucky to have friends that don't drink around me, even though I've made it abundantly clear that I don't mind; we just went for dinner last night, and I wasn't even really paying attention but if I think about it now not a single person ordered a beer, which would have been a staple back in the day. Another conundrum for me is, that one of my favorite bands is coming to town and wrestling with the idea of going, for multiple reasons, but one is that I've never (or not in ages) gone to concert sober; I think I could muster the discipline not to drink but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy the concert.

P.S. Haven't been on here much lately, between some social engagements and trying to get outside as much as possible to enjoyi this last blast of summery weather (in October, wow) has kept me busy.

Comment

Have a safe trip Rava! Hopefully the cats will leave once you get there!

Happy Thanksgiving cowboy! Sounds like you'll be having a great celebration. Enjoy!

Looking forward to another day of peace!

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

And just when you thought you were tired of apples...

Comment

I love Asian pears [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], unfortunately we don't see them in our stores often enough.

Had a very enjoyable day yesterday, not sure who got stuffed more, me or the turkey lol. It was great visiting with the kids and even better that Ashley was able to get down from Grande Prairie to be with us.

Comment

Happy belated Thanksgiving Cowboy and Mulburry! Cowboy that breakfast looks incredible! You have outdone yourself. Asian pears are hard to find around here, too Cowboy. They are a treat for sure. I think they are best eaten fresh, but they don't keep very long that way. We haven't had a crop since 2021. Our Spring weather is too unreliable. But this year we got lucky and the tree was loaded.

Mulburry. I wondered why we hadn't seen you in a while. Glad you are out enjoying the last gasp of pleasant weather. Interesting thinking about going to a concert. I don't think I had a strong habit of getting high and going to concerts. I was always cautious about being in crowds so getting high wasn't a focus. But I can certainly understand how it could be. I'll be interested to hear how you handle it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great brekkie, ABC. One of my favorite treats.

Hi Mul, you're north of us and we've been enjoying the (almost too warm) fall weather here in central Washington too.

Off to take sis to an out of town dr appt. Should be back tomorrow afternoon, then I have to get planning/packing for our departure! I'll gratefully take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Going on a 15 mile hike today with two friends. We will be carrying bear spray. There has been an increase in encounters. Another 24 for me. Great breakfast, Cowboy. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_4037.jpg
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Howdy Cafe. I just sat down and realized I missed breakfast! Happy belated Thanksgiving to Cowboy and Mul! Hope you stuffed yourself accordingly. We arrived at our north home with no issues. That’s almost a miracle with all the airline delays etc. We were lucky and arrived here before dark. I bought a pumpkin for the porch and that is the extent of my fall decorations! Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I’m lounging in a sunny window enjoying the cooler temps. No cats in sight! 24 more please!

Comment

The hike was grueling and we bailed after 10 miles when a buddy twisted an ankle. This was the grueling part as we assisted him by offloading his gear and supporting him through the technical parts. The hike is tough enough without an injury. It is rated one of the top three most difficult in the Sierras!

Comment

Working...
                                X