~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wow techie! What an ordeal! At least you didn't see any bears!

Not feeling well for the last few days, so I think that it's time for a covid test. Fingers crossed that it's negative.

Rava, glad that you made it up north OK, and there were no cats there when you arrived.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, that sounds like a bad way to hike. Hope your friend is ok. Sounds very grueling!! Jude, hope your test is negative. I’m noticing more and more masked people. Not sure if it’s because we are up north where people are more apt to mask up or whether there is more concern for covid up here. Very few masks noted in Florida unless they are snowbirds. Today we are having decking materials delivered. Also going to a local gym here to see about a monthly sign up. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please!

Comment

5:11am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you made it safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], not to start turning the place into something suitable for you guys.

Sounds like quite the ordeal [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], thankfully that's all it was, a twisted ankle.

Sure hope you didn't come down with Covid [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], sounds like there's going to be more and more masking up here in the hospitals and health centers.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr. D grew sweet potatoes this year and yesterday I asked him if any were ready to prepare for our meal. Apparently they have to cure for a certain amount of time after harvest. He said yes he had some ready. He brought one in. It was the biggest sweet potato I have EVER seen! I weighed it and it was 3 lbs 11 oz! (1.67 kg) Your average medium sweet potato is 4 oz. (.113kg) It was enough for several meals, obviously. So I peeled it and made mashed sweet potatoes. I have loads left over so this morning I used 2 cups to make a couple of loaves of sweet potato bread. I still have enough left over for two more meals.

Glad you arrived safe and sound, Rava.

Sorry your hike turned into such and ordeal, Techie and I hope your friend is ok.

Jude, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you get better quick. There seems to be an upper respiratory virus going around in my neck of the woods.

Hope your sister's doc appointment went well, Ginger.

Harvest activities must be coming to a close for you Cowboy. Time for a well-earned rest.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Greetings! Sitting at the hospital while my sister has her procedure. I have plenty to keep me busy bit first a walk!

Rava, glad you made it! I'd love to see a pic of your tiny home up north.

Techie, that's brutal. I walked out once with a fractured ankle. The last mile, omg! Hope your friend is better today.

Dill, I'd love to see a sweet that big! Do you make sweet potato pie? I used to love that as a kid.

Jude, let us know about your test. Sending healing prayers your way.

Waves to all! I'll take another.

Comment

Dill, that's one hell of a sweet potato! It sounds as though you made good use of it.

The covid test was negative, but I still feel pretty crappy. There is a nasty upper respiratory virus going around, and so many people that I know have come down with it. Uggh....

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

I should have taken a picture of that potato. I will next time. Yes I will be making a sweet potato pie soon. I have 4 more cups of mashed sweet potatoes left. Must finish up the bread first!

I hope you get better fast Jude, but it sounds like you have the same virus I've been seeing around here and unfortunately it seems to hang on. Time for some chicken soup.

Hope all went well with your sister's procedure, Ginger.

To the vet today for Lily's annual.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Jude I’m glad you don’t have covid. Get well soon! Ginger hope your sister made out well! We are getting ourAC replaced here at the tiny home. Had new countertops put in and it’s starting to look more modern. I really love it here. No drinking so far, last time I was here I made myself sick from a boozy night. I do NOT want to repeat that mess!! Dill, I bet that potato was award winning. I love the sweet potato fries dipped in marshmallow dip. It’s like dessert! Wishing everyone a great day! 24 more please!

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That sounds like a huge potato [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Going to get a few meals then some out of that one.

Sounds like you're doing lots to your new little home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it'll be more what you wanted when you're all done.

Did your sister's procedure go smoothly [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Did you have to stay the night or you got back home after?

Hopefully it's nothing to serious [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], if it doesn't improve, off to the Doc for you.

You're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], harvest is coming to a close, we'll finish up today! And it should be an early day as it's only 125 acres of swathed oats so it won't take long with 3 combines.

Comment

ABC, it was an overnight appt. All went well and we were home Monday by 1p. Seven to 10 days for results. Fingers crossed and prayers welcome!

Rava, your place sounds perfect! Do you leave a car there?

Dill, all this talk of sweet potato made me crave one so that was part of my dinner last night. It was yummy good but I bet it was nothing like yours!

Jude, what you have, is it what they call RSV? That's all they're talking about around here.

Off to workout this morning then flu shot. Boy, do I know how to have fun! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Prayers for your sis Ginger m. 24 more. Blessings x

IMG_2482.jpg
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I did go to the doctor yesterday because I could hardly breathe. They took a chest X-Ray to rule out pneumonia, but I haven't got the results yet. The doctor listened to my lungs and said that they sounded horrible. She put me on steroids and an antibiotic. Sure hope that they kick in soon!

Ginger, glad that your sister's procedure went well and hopefully she will recover quickly.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Jude, I hope your antibiotics and steroid do the trick, and fast! Prayers for you.

Prayers for your sister as well, Ginger.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X