No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully the steroids and antibiotics resolve the breathing problem [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. That RSV that [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] mentioned is being talked about a lot up here as well, they now want us to go in for 3 shots, flu, RSV, and the updated Covid shot. Not sure if I'm going to get any of them.

Harvest 2023 came to an end yesterday and I was back in Veg in time to have supper with Bubba. Glad to see it finished and be able to get back to a normal routine. I still have to do some cleaning in the camper and winterize it, but that can be done most any time before freeze-up.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ABC, glad you're back with Bubba. I bet she's glad harvest is over for another year!

Jude, please keep us posted. Prayers coming your way!

I got two of the three vacs yesterday. Flu and covid. I woke up in the night with all the covid symptoms including fever. Laying low today. Glad my calendar is clear because there's no way I could do anything. Staying in my jammies and resting!

I'll take another day 🙂

Comment

Late late check in. Exhausted working till 8pm PT. Big contract in process. Another 24 please. Have a beautiful rest of your day/evening/night. Will try and get back to morning check ins. Blessings x

IMG_4196.jpeg
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, hope that you feel better soon. Sometimes that happens after getting vaccinated, which really sucks.

Cowboy, bet you're glad that the harvest is over so that you can spend more time with Bubba.

Still sick, but seeing a slight improvement. I can't believe that the doctor didn't test me for RSV as there seems to be a lot of it going around. Whatever this is, I hope that it goes away soon!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, I don't know what is being recommended currently vaccine-wise, but I will not be getting any except the flu shot. I have to do that to be able to volunteer at the hospital. I never got the flu shot in my life until I wanted to volunteer. I decided the other day that if they require any shots beyond the flu shot, I will give up the volunteer job.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

I'll bet you'll be back to normal quite quickly [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], a day or two in jammies is always a good thing lol.

Good to hear of your improvement [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hopefully you'll show more improvement as the meds have time to work.

I'll get back to my regular work today, head over to continue that farm shop, only a few days left to finish it off completely.

Comment

Yep! I'm feeling much better today. No more temp.

Jude, what did the x-ray show? Have you heard anything?

Hubby got bad news yesterday. His dry AMD is now wet so will begin injections in his right eye tomorrow. Those will need to continue every five weeks for who knows how long. I'll go with him tomorrow and get my questions answered. He's 73 and has enjoyed great health. This setback has him pretty punky. He'll be better once the first injection is behind him. The unknown is always scary!

I'll take another!

Comment

Hi cafe late check in. Ginger I’m glad you are feeling better. Hope your sisters test comes back ok. I’m not getting any more vaccines. Just my personal choice. Jude I hope your antibiotics are helping. We have been busy trying to put a bidet on the toilet, the screws are rusted and we are having a hell of a time trying to loosen them off the old toilet. As Mr R says, a 20 minute job has turned into a 5 hours job with 3 trips to the hardware store!! Ginger we are borrowing a car for this visit. We will see how the summer goes when we drive here. We may be fine with 1 car. Ok back to the toilet, 24 more please!

Comment

Ginger, glad that you are feeling better, and hopefully the injections in Mr. G's eye keep the AMD in check. The X-RAY showed that my lungs are in rough shape right now from whatever respiratory virus I have. I also have COPD from the years that I used to smoke. Every day I feel a little better so the meds seem to be doing the trick.

Rava, hope that you were able to fix the toilet!

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Jude, I'm glad you are getting better but I do wish you could get better quickly!

Ginger, I'd be a big baby if I had what your hubby has. Prayers for him. I hope it all goes well.

Rava, Mr. D and I have had many experiences where a 20 job takes 5 hours!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Comment

The thought of a needle anywhere close to my eye sends shivers down my spine [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hope the injections help. And good to hear both you and Jude58 are feeling better.

Don't worry [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], even us ticketed plumbers run into jobs like that lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Ginger, hope your hubs does ok with the shots to the eye. Wow just thinking about that makes me cringe!! Hope you feel better each day Jude! We finally got the rusted bolt off the toilet. Grandkids for the night so we will walk down the road with our fishing poles. A sober day for me. Just thinking about drinking sends me into a spiral. It’s too hard to sneak it in this little house. Maybe that’s a good thing!! 24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X